PDA

View Full Version : Hello Wisconsin!!

SupaJooCGoomE
21st Aug 2007, 18:52
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Christina, I'm from Wisconsin... so really the title should be "Hello From Wisconsin"? But I felt like referencing That 70's Show. :)

I've liked Daft Punk ever since I saw Around the World air on MTV way back when but I really didn't start getting into them until recently. Just one day I decided to relive the 90's and watched all their available music videos and it rekindled my unwaivering fanism for them. I saw them at Lollapalooza this year and I don't think I ever want to go to another concert because I know it won't live up to Daft Punk.

I'm not really into any other house or techno besides Daft, I mainly listen to metal, rock, punk, some indie, and I've been really into Thai rock lately...

Well, anything else you'll just have to figure out on your own! Ciao. :)

Daniel5555
21st Aug 2007, 22:23
Hey welcome! We'll maybe we can introduce you to ouse with the time;)

Thai rock?? wow..

godiecool
22nd Aug 2007, 01:49
Thai rock? I've never heard that =S

That 70s show rules (y)

Yeah, I bet the DP was AWESOME. I mean, they're performances are always awesome.

No, they're BEYOND awesome, no words can describe it

*Starts drooling, Homer Simpson style*

Oh well, back to the topic at hand dp08

Welcome to the club Christina !!! :)

boutboulman
22nd Aug 2007, 04:52
Hey Christina, welcome to the club.

It's a girl!!!! Sorry, they are just not very common round here. Which is shame.

DaftSnow
22nd Aug 2007, 05:30
welcome to the site! wisconsin just makes me think of Daft punk at wisconsin '96 , did you manage to go to that? lol

SupaJooCGoomE
22nd Aug 2007, 06:07
DaftSnow, I unfortunately didn't know about that show... and it probably was pretty close to where I live. I wouldn't be surprised if my brother went because he went to those sort of outdoor rave things. But, if I had a time machine, I'd totally go.

boutboulman, I'm kind of surprised there aren't many girls here! There were alot of female fans at the show when I saw them. Maybe all the girls just decided to be in one area? Ha.

godiecool, Thai rock would be like... rock from Thailand. It's not like anything you hear in the States or the UK... or anywhere else for that matter. It's kind of hard to describe, but it's catchy and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe because it makes me think of my childhood when I would wake up to my parents listening to Lao music.

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

DaftSnow
22nd Aug 2007, 16:34
That'd have been cool if your brother went. You'll have to hook us up with some good Thai Rock in the "Other Bands" section of the forum. Enjoy the site. If you have questions you know who to ask.

piroteki
23rd Aug 2007, 05:23
yaaaaay. another girl! :D

welcome to the club!

i think i have one or two Thai songs, but they're actually more poppish if i remember. i have a penchant for Japanese music of all sorts. <3

godiecool
23rd Aug 2007, 06:58
Friends of mine who are rockers are not interested in Electronica; however, they do like Daft Punk.

I think there's something appealing about DP to rockers I guess. Maybe it's their awesome suits, or their great guitar solos.

Yeah, I know Thai Rock is from Thailand, but I've never heard of it. It sounds exotic.

As DaftSnow said, I hope you suggest some of your favorite Thai rock tracks in the "Other Bands" section

Oh yeah, and what does your username mean? =S

Again, welcome to the club :)

SupaJooCGoomE
23rd Aug 2007, 19:35
Friends of mine who are rockers are not interested in Electronica; however, they do like Daft Punk.

I think there's something appealing about DP to rockers I guess. Maybe it's their awesome suits, or their great guitar solos.

Yeah, I know Thai Rock is from Thailand, but I've never heard of it. It sounds exotic.

As DaftSnow said, I hope you suggest some of your favorite Thai rock tracks in the "Other Bands" section

Oh yeah, and what does your username mean? =S

Again, welcome to the club :)

The popular Thai rock, what everyone over there listens to, is more like folk rock meets classic rock. What draws me in are the lyrics because it's so pure and really written from the heart. It's nothing like rock nowadays.

My username is somewhat of an inside joke. More like an odd conversation I had with a coworker awhile ago. It means Supa Juicee Goomie. One day I brought in some Laotian gummy fruit and my friend who's really into Japanese was like, "Oo!! Goomies!!" and so we went on a little video game clerk tangent (because that's what we were at the time) and started mocking Japanese accents. So, everytime you say it, it has to be in a really Japanese school girl-ish, overly animated voice. Haha.

TOCKYN
23rd Aug 2007, 22:51
hi, christina, welcome and enjoy this, nice to have more fans here.