PDA

View Full Version : Introduction (with added rant)

"HUMAN"
4th Nov 2007, 00:30
Well, i finally recieved my activation email finally,after 3 address changes, and i have to say this site has really blown me away! I got into Daft Punk back in 97,when i stumbled upon the around the world single,and i have obsessively collected everything i could on them since then,although i would say i only truly realised the extent of their genius when i heard Discovery for the first time.Unfortunately,i have been somewhat starved of proper DP conversations throughout my fandom, as i live in Cork (in Ireland for those who dont know), where Daft Punk are not exactly mainstream.Acknowledged as masters,perhaps,but not revered as gods,which means i know very few people wishing to delve into the millions of aspects about their music/films/liveshows/secrets/eating habits that i wish to discuss.THANK GOD I FOUND THE DAFT CLUB! I thought things were changing after Oxegen in July where Daft Punk headlined the second stage (the NME) and completely obliterated the killers,(who were playing the mainstage,recieved something like a quarter of the audience DP got,and who i dont believe warrant capital letters :)) but i unfortunately i underestimated the stupidity of the Irish public in general-a few moments in the limelight for Daft Punk after the Oxegen sensation-spoken about on the radio and television for maybe a few days as perhaps the most advanced thing to ever appear in the country and so forth- then it was back to the sheer bloody ignorance of saying "Kanye Wests version of Stronger is better than 'That robot bands one' is".Give Me Strength!!! But i digress.This website shall hopefully help me stave off the impending madness that goes with being the only DP devotee in my hometown and for that, i am eternally grateful.

By the way,im 19,live in Ireland,write dance music almost solely inspired by Daft Punk and am normally very nice,as long as someone doesnt talk about the killers.Maybe i should have focused more on that kind of stuff in my intro,but ah,what the hell!

OUR WORK IS NEVER OVER ;)

godiecool
4th Nov 2007, 00:37
Welcome to the club :)

Don't worry, you can talk about Daft Punk with the legion of fans in our forums, haha

One thing though, I like the Killers...

...But not as much as I LOVE DAFT PUNK!!!!!! ;)

dj dekoi
4th Nov 2007, 00:48
NICE.. WELCOME ROBOT !!

boutboulman
4th Nov 2007, 01:38
Welcome "HUMAN" (haha, your real name is so typically Irish), you'll find your Daft Punk needs well satisfied here.
Nice collection too.

piroteki
4th Nov 2007, 02:45
awesome

i'm pretty much all Irish heritage, so even if i've never been there it's nice to see someone from Ireland! XD

welcome to the club~

melkoret
4th Nov 2007, 07:37
Welcome buddy ^_^

dj dekoi
4th Nov 2007, 19:29
YO ROBOT !! WADUP !

DaftSnow
4th Nov 2007, 19:36
Welcome to the Daftclub!

dj dekoi
4th Nov 2007, 20:08
THIS GUY IS COOL !

SgtCaboose5555
5th Nov 2007, 04:33
Wazup? Welcome to the forum! :)

melkoret
5th Nov 2007, 04:54
MEOOOOWWW.

dj dekoi
5th Nov 2007, 06:43
lol

"HUMAN"
5th Nov 2007, 22:36
Welcome "HUMAN" (haha, your real name is so typically Irish), you'll find your Daft Punk needs well satisfied here.
Nice collection too.

funny you should mention that actually-Caddy is my nickname.its been used so often that nobody actually uses my real name anymore,not even me (its Brendan btw).i can see where youre coming from with the irish thing though-but at least its not Paddy :)

cheers for the warm welcome btw guys! appreciate it !happy

CJVercetti
6th Nov 2007, 02:57
I like The Killers =\

boutboulman
6th Nov 2007, 03:56
Nice collection too.

funny you should mention that actually-Caddy is my nickname.its been used so often that nobody actually uses my real name anymore,not even me (its Brendan btw).i can see where youre coming from with the irish thing though-but at least its not Paddy :)

Brendan is still fairly irish.. Well you had the chance to be known by that here, but instead you chose... HUMAN. Fair enough; but why the quotation marks?

D4F+3ND!R3K+
6th Nov 2007, 05:38
:D !!! Yay! I like Irish people! Welcome, "HUMAN"! Im a little Irish too, btw!

JJGHWULL
6th Nov 2007, 08:05
The killers :P

Welcome Brendan. Yeah you gonna love this forum and site. I't helped me out alot to, It helped us all alot i think.

Anywayz, enjoy the forum and mix in the topics.

"HUMAN"
8th Nov 2007, 00:19
Nice collection too.

Brendan is still fairly irish.. Well you had the chance to be known by that here, but instead you chose... HUMAN. Fair enough; but why the quotation marks?

well,daft punk are humans pretending to be robots,i am a robot etc.....i was goin for a bit of the aul' irony (thought ide stick in an irishism there as it seems to be such a big-hitter ;) ) but maybe it didnt come off.ah well.

boutboulman
8th Nov 2007, 02:42
Well I didn't get it, but who says i'm not a couple tiles short of a roof.