PDA

View Full Version : *waves shyly* Hi everyone!

Dia Aren Marie
20th Nov 2007, 16:36
Hello hello! I've been lurking around these forums for quite a while now... and I finally plucked up the courage to sign up and join and stuff.

Gee, I always get real nervous with these introduction things since I never know what to say ^^;

Uhhh... I'm Melissa, you can call me Mel... or Dia, whichever floats your boat. I'm 17, and I'm from waaaaaay over here in the Philippines. For the curious, it's somewhere in Asia. :D I'm currently a student of University of the Philippines, Diliman, taking up Bachelor of Fine Arts - Visual Communication.

Mmm, to be quite honest, I wasn't quite sure what Daft Punk was until sometime in my first semester... when I did finally found out, it was shocking to know that I had seen something of theirs (particularly Interstella 5555) without ever knowing that the music was by them. XD I'm a huge fan of theirs, however, and I think I will be for a really, really long time. :] That's saying a lot, since I've never really been a big fan of any music bands... especially not to this degree, haha.

I'm currently handling the thefanlistings.org-approved fanlisting for Daft Punk, the link of which you can find in my sig. :D

As for my collection... it's... well... measly. All I have is Musique Vol. 1... and the version without the DVD, might I add. *wipes a tear from her eye* It was all I could find. Curses.

It's a pleasure to finally be a part of this community! *bows*

piroteki
20th Nov 2007, 16:56
hurray, another girl! hurray another art person!

yaaaay~ XD lol

welcome to the club!

godiecool
20th Nov 2007, 17:49
Welcome to the club Marie. What a great day for you to joing, with the DP chat and all ;)

SgtCaboose5555
20th Nov 2007, 20:38
Welcome to the club!

TOCKYN
21st Nov 2007, 03:17
welcome im glad you joined us ^^ and believe me you've choiced well to be a DP fan.

Aero5555
21st Nov 2007, 13:16
Welcome to the club!

"HUMAN"
28th Nov 2007, 19:56
Welcome to the club! the background on your fanlisting thing is cool btw

piroteki
28th Nov 2007, 20:02
whoa, i totally didn't realize that you were the owner of that fanlisting!

what is it with DP fanlistings? i know i've personally been on two. but apparently they keep dying? because every single one i've been on were on TFL.org...

JJGHWULL
28th Nov 2007, 21:56
Greetings Mel o dia :). Indeed a nice choice to join this forum. I must say that your English Vocabulary is great. Don't you find it hard to speak English while you're from asia?

Anywayz, enjoy your stay and mix in the topics, and im gonna check your fanlisting

dmcefc
29th Nov 2007, 04:46
enjoy your time in the club

Dia Aren Marie
29th Nov 2007, 14:06
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! <3

Welcome to the club! the background on your fanlisting thing is cool btw

My, thank you :D It took me a bit of trouble to get something I thought looked right, so I really appreciate it!

whoa, i totally didn't realize that you were the owner of that fanlisting!

what is it with DP fanlistings? i know i've personally been on two. but apparently they keep dying? because every single one i've been on were on TFL.org...

Haha, really? I didn't know there was one BEFORE the one before mine O_O (Well, that sounded confusing.) Which was strange, because I remember checking TFL.org and it was still there, but then one day the link was broken, and then it was gone. And in a fit of 'omg daft punk <333', I thought I'd sign up, and I didn't think I'd get it since 'lol it's daft punk lotsa people like them' and I used to have four fanlistings, all of which died due to the torment I had in high school >_> (Looooooooong story.) ... and lo and behold, I got it. LOL.

Rest assured, I won't let it die. <3 :)

Greetings Mel o dia :). Indeed a nice choice to join this forum. I must say that your English Vocabulary is great. Don't you find it hard to speak English while you're from asia?

Anywayz, enjoy your stay and mix in the topics, and im gonna check your fanlisting

Hello~! Gee, thank you. Haha, no, I don't find it hard at all to speak English! Ironically enough, I'm much more fluent in English than I am in my mother tongue, probably because I read/watched/enjoyed more things in English than I ever did in Tagalog. That would probably have to do with the fact that a lot of the things we have here are incredibly cliche and boring... (No offense to any fellow pinoys who might be here, but honestly! It makes me sick.)

Aero5555
29th Nov 2007, 18:58
I'm much more fluent in English than I am in my mother tongue.

LOL! same here! I learned English before anything else and used to communicate with my parents exclusively with it until I was a 6-year-old. XD

Welcome again, nice to see more members from Asia.

melkoret
4th Dec 2007, 02:02
Mel = Taken ! xD

JJGHWULL
4th Dec 2007, 11:09
?

Dia Aren Marie
4th Dec 2007, 12:36
OH HEY THERE MELKORET though if you insist that Mel is taken then that leaves me no option but to be called Dia then huh?

tomatorama
25th Dec 2007, 05:41
Y HELLO THAR