PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Agent RayBans
4th Jan 2008, 23:47
After speaking through melkoret once or twice in the past (I think hes posted some of my pics, too) I have decide to take the plunge and join up. I actually joined a while ago but my password seemed to not work until recently. Or maybe I forgot.

I have been a member on the French Touch Forums for years, but my french is too dry and the English section is a ghost town now (I think people switched over to here!) so... here I am!

musique909
4th Jan 2008, 23:57
Welcome chum.

Shmoal
5th Jan 2008, 00:12
welcome back!

DJPixcell
5th Jan 2008, 03:00
After speaking through melkoret once or twice in the past (I think hes posted some of my pics, too) I have decide to take the plunge and join up. I actually joined a while ago but my password seemed to not work until recently. Or maybe I forgot.

I have been a member on the French Touch Forums for years, but my french is too dry and the English section is a ghost town now (I think people switched over to here!) so... here I am!

yay!

Welcome!!

I love you, (guys), of all of the 'daft' fans to make helmets, yours are my favorite! They come the closest to the originals in my opinion.

(sure the 'daft punk vegoose girls' helmets were awesome, but they were not the correct size or shape as the originals like yours is! :P)

So yeah!

:D

I'm Dylan. ;) Haven't got around to making a helmet.. but I sure do want to.

I'm thinking of using a old baseball helmet as the starter..

Agent RayBans
5th Jan 2008, 03:30
Thank you for the kind words Dylan, and while I can't necessarily disagree with you in saying my helmets might be more accurate (that's the most you'll ever here me speak highly of myself), the daft girl's electronics are jaw dropping in person:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms6HFVB9d40&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms6HFVB9d40&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms6HFVB9d40

And also good luck on your helmet when you do decide to do it. My first helmet was made from a baseball helmet, and though it did not in the end meet my standards, most people said it came out nice.

If people want, I might start a thread for giving out tips and advice for helmet construction, but for now all I can say is:

Don't be a perfectionist like me, it makes life a lot harder when it comes to these things.

BlackBlood
5th Jan 2008, 05:20
I WOULD LOVE A "HELMET MAKING" THREAD! I've always wanted to make my own Daft helmet, but I'm absolute :wow::wow::wow::wow: when it comes to crafty stuff. My talents rely on video games and film making/editing. Do you you have any pictures of your current helmets?

Agent RayBans
5th Jan 2008, 05:29
My Flickr account is full of pictures from a "Photo shoot" of my friend and I in our costumes that my girlfriend took for that DP costume contest (we ended up comming in second)

http://flickr.com/photos/14584913@N06/sets/72157602995526419/

My favorite pictures are the ones I made my avatar and signature out of. I feel that its in those pictures they look the most authentic.

I have some on my myspace, but they're silly ones like walking my dog and just sitting around in my (mom's) bathrobe in costume.

JaceInman
5th Jan 2008, 06:30
the helmets are incredible seriously.

how durable are they?

piroteki
5th Jan 2008, 08:24
i'm another fan of your helmets! i was actually rooting for you guys to win the competition, though obviously the Daft Girls were way up there as well.

glad you decided to join! :D

Agent RayBans
5th Jan 2008, 16:06
how durable are they?

The Thomas helmet is very durable. I would say I could stand on it and it wouldn't break.

My Guy-Man helmet though is not made with as strong materials so it must be handled with care.

i'm another fan of your helmets! i was actually rooting for you guys to win the competition, though obviously the Daft Girls were way up there as well.

glad you decided to join! :D

Thank you much!

melkoret
5th Jan 2008, 17:49
Ah heylo Hayes welcome to the boards finally =]

I think i may be coming back here more often now if your going to be posting.

(also guys if you have Star Wars questions i feel inclined to tell you that he's also your man >>)

anywho WELCOME TO THE ORGINIZED IMMATURITY AND INTELECTUALL OBSESSION THAT IS THE THEDAFTCLUB.COM

Aero5555
5th Jan 2008, 18:23
So you're the guy from those helmet pics? Awesome! Like the guys said, truly incredible job you've done with the helmets, I like them alot.

Welcome to the club! :)

Shmoal
5th Jan 2008, 20:12
My Flickr account is full of pictures from a "Photo shoot" of my friend and I in our costumes that my girlfriend took for that DP costume contest (we ended up comming in second)

http://flickr.com/photos/14584913@N06/sets/72157602995526419/

My favorite pictures are the ones I made my avatar and signature out of. I feel that its in those pictures they look the most authentic.

I have some on my myspace, but they're silly ones like walking my dog and just sitting around in my (mom's) bathrobe in costume.

fantastic job there!!!!
i love the picture with u and the cainsaw!!!!

and.....i like the idea of u opening a thread on how you made ur helmet!!!

"HUMAN"
5th Jan 2008, 20:57
(re)welcome to the club chief

R0B0T
5th Jan 2008, 23:52
Welcome! Your helmet is awesome. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms6HFVB9d40

Their helmets are almost identical with the real ones. :O

dmcefc
6th Jan 2008, 18:08
welcome to the club

Rooster128
6th Jan 2008, 20:32
Major props for the helmet, and welcome to the club, obviously.

HUZZUH!

TOCKYN
7th Jan 2008, 06:05
welcome to the club, please some day share with us how to make the helmets. :)

Agent RayBans
7th Jan 2008, 17:54
Sorry guys. I’ll help, but I’m not going to tell you step by step what to do.

The process I used to make my helmets is pretty complex and requires a lot of money and natural ability. I do not recommend it for the average daft punk fan. It can even be dangerous.

But what I was getting at was giving people tips for making them with more practical methods, like cardboard or paper mache or some more simple methods.

I came up with how to make them all on my own, and my way is not the end all be all best way to make replicas of the helmet. There are other ways that it can be carried out and render similar results as well.

Even if I told you all exactly how I did it, what materials I used, and how I used them, I cannot guarantee that the helmets will look good. I have tried to help people in the past and the results were mixed, and most ended up giving up.

Medokin
7th Jan 2008, 20:02
Hey man!
Think you know who I am :P
Nice to see you here at last!

I've done a helmet too but not as nice as Hayes!
PM me if you want to know the way I made mine :P

Agent RayBans
7th Jan 2008, 20:28
Hey man!
Think you know who I am :P
Nice to see you here at last!

I've done a helmet too but not as nice as Hayes!
PM me if you want to know the way I made mine :P

Yeah I remember you, you are one of the people I helped make a helmet...like a year ago :]

Medokin
7th Jan 2008, 20:33
Yep, something like that ;)