Artyom Daft Punk Helmets for sale on Ebay
  1. Rep:

Fatboy Slim

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I searched and I couldn't find any trace of a Fatboy Slim thread. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?

I've been getting into Fatboy Slim a lot recently. My friend burned me a copy of his greatest hits album "Why Try Harder?" and I fell in love with his big-beat/funk/soul/turntablist/acid-house/surf-rock/whatever-the-hell-else-he-wants-to-throw-in-there sound. My favourite tracks off of the album are "Praise You", "Rockafeller Skank", "Weapon of Choice", "Don't Let The Man Get You Down" and "Gangster Trippin".

Justice did an awesome remix of DLTMGYD as well.

2. Rep:

Yes! Fatboy Slim is awesome. Weapon of Choice's video stars CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!

Praise You is also kick ass in every way.

3. Rep:

" Right here Right now " FTW ~

4. Rep:

Louis La Roche used "Praise You" in the first volume of "One Sampler, Glitch and a 909", which was pretty cool.

Anyway, Fatboy recently released "You've Come A Long Way Baby: 10th Anniversary Edition", with a bonus disc full of B-Sides and stuff, including a cover of "Radioactivity" by Kraftwerk!

5. Rep:

the album version of rockafella skank is great.i love ya mama,sunset,long way from home and right here right now as well.

6. Rep:

Fat Boyslim is great! he comes fromt he begining of hous emusic! he had trouble with the chemical brothers! he used to be friend of Pete Tong and think that Daft Punk is "Okay"

I started my jurnew thru electronic music by listening his music aswell, Bassment Jaxx, Daft Punk, Chem Bros, they are all from teh same generation....

7. Rep:

[quote1231970811=gdlneo]
    Fat Boy Slim is great! he comes from the begining of house music!
    [/quote1231970811]

I wouldn't say Fatboy is house. He's more big beat.

8. Rep:

yeah, but I ment that he is part of the chosen ones who lived the begining of house music, not the genre "house" I mean the electronic music as we knoe it nowadays in general...

Electronic music came to this world arround 1930, the first nonconventional instruments were used to compose the firsts partitures incuding sirens sounds, valves and some electric (experimental) stuff, years after, a bunch of crazy musicians taped it based mainly on diarys and partitures, and I heard it a few years ago, changing my way to hear electronic music...

Also, you must read in my post that I also putted on the same sentence the Chem Bross, Daft Punk, Bassment Jaxx, etc...

9. Rep:

i think you'll find fatboy started off making house before he did bigbeat. Look up pizzaman, its his house project before fatboy slim...

songs include: Trippin On Sunshine and Sex On The Streets

10. Rep:

This wasn't revived for the release of the BPA album?

Well, looks like Fatboy is back under ANOTHER alias, along with a vast array of guest vocalists o'd and new, to start a new project, the Brighton Port Authority. Fatboy makes a bunch of calypso/surf/funk instrumentals, the likes of Iggy Pop, Dizzee Rascal, Jamie T and others sing over them, and then they come up with a fictitious backstory about how these are "lost tapes from the 70s" (which might actually be convincing if Jamie T was actually born then. *fatboy facepalm*)

NME only gave it four out of ten, but I'm bloody loving it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast