1. Rep:

Fred Falke

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I know there's a thread about his 'Music for my friends' - Ep but this thread concerns all of his work including remixes and whatnot.

Personally I adore his stuff especially 'Omega Man' and his remixes of The Whitest Boy Alive and Kish Mauve.

Another interesting point is that there are discussions on the intermahnet discussing who was the brains behind the Alan Braxe & Fred Falke tracks due to the fact that Fred Falke has produced several amazing tracks since the two broke up whereas Alan Braxe has kept a rather low profile.

Also is it just me or is Fred Falke one of the best bassist out there at the moment? =b

Discuss!

http://www.myspace.com/fredfalkemusic

2. Rep:

I love his remix of Golden Cage!

My favorite track is Love Theme.

3. Rep:

Fred Falke is a legend! When he teamed up with Alan Braxe they were one of the best remix duos of all time, it's a shame they "broke up".

Kelis - Bossy (Alan Braxe and Fred Falke Earth Out Remix) have been on repet in my ipod for a while now

4. Rep:

He was good . Worst thing that he went electro after splitting with Alan Braxe . And he's great bassist , tho .

5. Rep:

But hey, they still make good stuff both of them even after the splitt

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by quadsas View Post
    He was good . Worst thing that he went electro after splitting with Alan Braxe . And he's great bassist , tho .
    I'm not sure I get your point. In my opinion, the only downright 'elecro' track he has made is 'Sanctuary' which in my opinion is a rare exception of Falkes style. I believe he has kept that distinct Falke style with occasionally using a snappy brass, funky basslines and an 70s/80s funk guitar.

7. awe$▲m
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    I love his remix of Golden Cage!

My favorite track is Love Theme.
    Snap!
    My favourite track is Love Theme as well.
    *high-5's you

8. Rep:

Just for a heads up; Burns and Fred Falke have made a track together called 'You Stopped Loving Me', and according to Burns' Twitter it should be released during the summer.

Pete Tong played it on Radio One not long ago, and someone was nice enough to up the quality and create a cleaner version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZmzC4GkHU

9. Rep:

Fred Falke is awesome, he's definitely one of the best bassists I've ever heard. Intro, Palladium, Most Wanted, the bass lines are simply AWESOME.

The Music for My Friends EP is also very good, I love 808 PM @ The Beach, and Love Theme is a good song too!

I really wish that Braxe and Falke hadn't gone their separate ways, but at least they went out with a bang with 'Bliss' on the Defender EP. Almost every song they've made is gold, the only song I didn't really care for by them is Love Lost, and even that's still half-decent.

Truly amazing...
    Voyager of the internet.

10. Rep:

OK, where the heck is my 12" of "You Stopped Loving Me?"

I really hope they don't shaft that song like they did to "When I Look Into Your Eyes" because the sample couldn't get cleared.

And Fred Falke's solo releases have been very good. You Stopped Loving Me and When I Look Into Your Eyes are awesome, Omega Man and Wait for Love were awesome, 808 PM @ The Beach and Love Theme were great, Back to Stay and Last Wave was good too. He's been putting out some quality tracks, no doubt about it.

Alan Braxe, all he's made is a terrible dubstep track since then, and that Los Feelings Remix.
    Voyager of the internet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast