1. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk did a set during filming of the movie

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Wait, did he say "DJing"? As in Daft Punk actually did a DJ set for the first time since 2002!!?? HOLY SH**.......!!!

2. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk did a set during filming of the movie

jealous.

3. Rep:

Re: TRON: Legacy soundtrack TV spot?

i've seen it on TV but have no clue where to find on the net :C

4. Rep:

:O, there is a TV ad for the soundtrack? Are they Playing Derezzed?

5. Rep:

Re: Official TRON Legacy Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    also, my roommate and i still can't figure out wtf was up with Tron himself. "i'm going to fight you. but actually i fight for the users!!" "oh no i'm falling" "now i'm in the computer ocean. but it's cool i'm turning good again, even though i'm going to drown and die" "oh wait, it didn't matter anyway because Jeff Bridges blew up and destroyed computer everything."
    I know, right! I was seriously not understanding the choices they made. It was almost like the writers of the movie were like, "Well, our so-called plot has absolutely nothing to do with the character the movie is named after! Oh, I know, we'll bring Tron up in a flashback with a mask (because our CGI animators are too busy with other epic special fx), and then kill him off so that he doesn't interfere too much with the plot that he has nothing to do with!" "Sounds good!"

Also, I thought that the guy in the club (with cane) was totally David Bowie, until a close up revealed he didn't have Bowie's crazy pupils. So he was basically the weirdest character in the movie.

But yeah - just to finish (and then I'm seriously leaving this thread since this is like my second mini-review...maybe) I did like it overall.

6. Rep:

Re: So...What are you wearing to the Tron Premiere?

Well, Robot After All, that surely beats what I wore. That being a Daft Punk t-shirt. No one noticed (highly doubt they are familiar with them), but yeahhh. It's the thought that counts.

7. Super Moderator
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthehead View Post
    Well, Robot After All, that surely beats what I wore. That being a Daft Punk t-shirt. No one noticed (highly doubt they are familiar with them), but yeahhh. It's the thought that counts.
    first of all: AIM! I MISSED YOU DOOD!

second of all: thats what i wore too! my pink alive daft punk tour tshirt that i bought off a website cause i've never actually been to a show XD. and i feel like people in the theatre noticed my shirt.. maybe a few people knew who they were. but no one commented or anything. oh well.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

8. Super Moderator
    Rep:

Re: Official TRON Legacy Review Thread

um..... so. yeah. this movie... um...

it was bad.

im sorry. the music was excellent and the visuals were amazing. ill give it that. yes, it was disney, and yes, i wasn't expecting much, but even what i was expecting.. it didn't live up to that. it was... in a word... disappointing. there were parts in the movie where i literally laughed because it was so bad. at the end, i apologized to my friend for dragging him to it and he told me he felt the exact same way about the movie.

maybe i'm being too harsh. maybe i'm going to be stoned when all of you read this. but this is my opinion. i respect yours. please respect mine. maybe my view will be a little different in the morning.

yes, i'd see this again. would i buy it when it comes out on dvd to play on my blu-ray player? probably not. will it go down on my list as one of my favorite movies? definitely not.

yes, i was excited when daft punk came up too... but i just laughed when they just nodded their heads during the battle scene in the end of line club. that whole scene was just... too much, lmao. overdramatic.

but like i said. the thing that really made me disappointed with this movie was what could have been. they could have done so much with this movie. they had the potential to really make this movie amazing. but it was disney. and i knew they wouldn't do it. and i expected it. they had horrible writers, a mishy mashy plot, no character development, and didn't think about what was really possible with this movie.

like i said. you can all hate me for my opinion. but its my opinion. there's always going to be that 'one guy,' right? well, here ya go! i'm that 'one girl.' but don't let me hinder your enjoyment. go crazy, everyone =]
    Last edited by digital*aria; 19th Dec 2010 at 06:56.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

9. Ye Olde Modô
    Rep:

yeah, I cant find it on the web either

10. Rep:

I like the idea that Spade put. "I'm seeing this movie for Daft Punk" If I wore that my mom would probably be like, "Austin! Take it off!" Haha.

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast