Results 181 to 190 of 353
Re: Daft Punk did a set during filming of the movie19th Dec 2010, 07:32 #182
Edit: I'm literally sitting here trying to think of something to say but I can't. So jealous. :'(
Re: Daft Punk did a set during filming of the movie19th Dec 2010, 08:07 #183
Re: TRON: Legacy soundtrack TV spot?19th Dec 2010, 08:11 #184
Re: Official TRON Legacy Review Thread19th Dec 2010, 10:46 #185
@aria: y so srs? we all knew it was going to be like this from the start, so why not lol and enjoy the show anyway? idk if you read my "review" or not, but even though i found it lacking in a lot of ways, i still enjoyed the hell out of it. probably in a slightly less insane CDPL way. lmao
sure, it's a shame that it didn't get fully developed, but it's Tron ffs. like original, like sequel: lulz.
Re: Official TRON Legacy Review Thread19th Dec 2010, 11:47 #186
I went to see this with my friend Jack, who just like me, is a huge fan of the original and a huge Daft Punk fan. Coming from the point of view of a big fan of the original, I am going to say that the first half of the movie was the most fun I have ever had watching a film. For the following reasons!!!:
1) the amount of in jokes and references from the first film is truly amazing. The smallest details have been put in just for the hard core fans. While this is a massive plus for nerds like me, this is a massive negative for people who aren't avid fans. I would say that people who haven't seen the first Tron would not understand half of the significance of what was being said in the movie.
2) I have loved the hell out of Tron and Daft Punk for a few years now, and when I heard that Tron was getting a sequel, I nearly pee'd my pants. So I went online and looked up some information. When I saw that Daft Punk was doing the sound track, I did pee my pants. Just the combination of those 2 things I love coming together was over whelming and to see it in 3D on the big screen and massive sound system made it all the better. I was not disappointed with how it turned out.
3) For those who say that the story is cheesy and that it is just a special effects film, WATCH THE FIRST MOVIE!!! what else did you expect. I love the first movie because of how much fun it is and how cheesy and quirky it is. I got exactly what I expected.
So clearly I had a good time. I saw it at the first screening at my local cinema at 9:45am in Australia non daylight saving time, this equates to nearly 2 days before the release in the US. I was exited and went to see it again the next day.
However I can see why some people don't like it. I think that the movie biggest flaw is that a lot of the enjoyment that can be taken from it is so heavily dependant on being a fan of the first movie, and lets be honest, that isn't you average movie goer.
My advice, if your not a big fan of the original Tron or haven't seen it at all, watch it the night before or right before you go and see the new movie. You will like it sooo much more.
Re: Official TRON Legacy Review Thread19th Dec 2010, 13:59 #187
If you have seen and you don't like the film, still go see it again for 4 reasons.
1) If this movie gets money the film will be better recognized along with Daft Punk, we have better chances of seeing another .
2)Sit at the front or back of your local theater and soak in the goodness of the sound systems, Daft Punk sounds amazing in there. Seriously.
3) I really want a sequel down the track. I know that's selfish.
4) You are wrong, this is a good movie. You must have miswatched it, you are forgiven, try again.
Also: I agree with Dogman, See the first one. It is necessary.
Re: Official TRON Legacy Review Thread19th Dec 2010, 14:22 #188
Your only agreeing with me because I mentioned you in my review...shallow Jack...shallow:P See you tomorrow.
By DeadDuck in forum ReleasesReplies: 1158Last Post: 24th Mar 2013, 02:31
By SamuraiMaster in forum Official RemixesReplies: 604Last Post: 27th Nov 2011, 22:47
By Tatiayna_Lee in forum The LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 17th Mar 2011, 15:17
By JH Sounds in forum Fan Remixes & CoversReplies: 1Last Post: 26th Feb 2011, 19:10