Results 1 to 10 of 20
CLOSED: VERY Limited Thomas Helmet run7th Feb 2011, 18:56 #1
ALL HELMETS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED.
I am no longer taking orders for copies of this helmet. Thanks for looking, and to the buyers, thanks for sponsoring my work!
Specifications on the castings:
- I will be making TEN helmet blanks.
- These are raw, untrimmed resin. They will require some cleanup, and minor filling/sanding. You won't have to remake anything, but a 1/32" skim coat of filler on a few areas on the helmet will be necessary for a mirror finish.
- Each "kit" will include one helmet and 2 ears, un-attached. These are cast in SmoothCast 65D resin. No fillers, fibers, or cloth mat. Only casting resin.
- They do NOT come with a visor.
- They are one-size-fits-most (images below)
- Helmets may be tinted resin. This is to help me achieve uniform thickness of the resin during the casting process.
Ordering, Pricing & Shipping:
- Price is $300 + shipping (PayPal only) to lower 48 USA via FedEx. I do not ship internationally. Shipping is typically between $10-$20, depending on region. Packages will be insured for the full amount against damages.
- These are claimed on a first-come, first served basis. This is independent of any inquiries I have received via PM, email, or other communication. I have not promised anyone a slot in this run, and your spot in line will be determined by your posting in this thread to claim a helmet.
- Reservation of a spot requires minimum payment of $100 via PayPal. You can pay the full amount as well if you wish. Remainder of balance is due before shipping.
- If you claim a spot on the list of 10, and I do not receive your payment within 48 hours, you will be deleted from the list permanently.
- Only one helmet per person.
- There will ONLY be 10 orders taken in this run. I will do more at a later date, but this is all I will have time for currently.
- If I do not get 10 orders, the run will still go forward. Even if I only receive one order, that single person will get a helmet.
- I will be pulling these copies throughout the month of February, shipping at the end of the first week of March.
I WILL BE OUT OF TOWN ON A BUSINESS TRIP THE LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY UNTIL MARCH 2ND. Please take note of this for any future communication.
Images of final casting. For reference, I am 5'8" tall and I wear a 7 3/4 hat.
Measurements of opening
Random stuff I'm sure I will be asked:
- I will not offer trimming, cleanup, painting, chroming, or electronics for any additional fee. These are blanks ONLY. Any inquiries otherwise will be ignored.
- I will not consider international shipping for any reason. Sorry, I know that puts a lot of people in a bind, but its a huge pain I'd rather not deal with.
- Currently only the "Electroma" style ears are available. For the purposes of this run, that's all that being offered, and I won't split sets and sell helmets sand ears, or ears sans helmets.
- Larger images available here
1) Risu (RPF)
2) Agent RayBans
3) CaptainYolk (RPF)
4) Julio R. (RPF)
5) Charles H. (RPF)
7) Thomas Bangalter (irony, right?)
8) Machina 28 (RPF)
10) Talsiri (RPF)
Payment and deposits will be discussed via PM only.
Last edited by Volpin; 9th Feb 2011 at 22:06.
Re: VERY Limited Thomas Helmet run (raw castings, 5 left!)7th Feb 2011, 22:56 #6
I would be in for one but as i see there is no international shipping available...damn...
Or someone here at the club who would order a helmet for me and then ship it to germany...If anyone is interested and would do that, it would be pretty awesome.
Re: VERY Limited Thomas Helmet run (raw castings, 5 left!)7th Feb 2011, 23:51 #7
cool thread, bro.
i'm not interested/can't afford a helmet, so i'm sorry if this is disrupting the flow of your order tabulation, but i just wanted to give mad props on the helmets as usual.
i think casting's pretty cool, since i do print. basically the same thing except 2D/3D! lol i appreciate the idea of limited runs/editions. :]
Re: VERY Limited Thomas Helmet run (raw castings, 5 left!)8th Feb 2011, 00:53 #8
I agree with BurnerMan54, anybody that would help a clubmember out over in europe?
Re: VERY Limited Thomas Helmet run (raw castings, 5 left!)8th Feb 2011, 01:31 #9
i dont live in the U.S. BUT my sister has a courier that redirects everything to my address outside U.S. you might wanna look at some companies that do that..
Re: VERY Limited Thomas Helmet run (raw castings, 5 left!)8th Feb 2011, 02:37 #10
Thanks for the support guys! The spots are filling up pretty fast!
I do apologize for the international thing, but getting packages over borders is an expensive process (I don't do the "gift" thing as that won't let you insure the item for the full value) and involves a lot of paperwork.
Dez is in Honduras but has provided me a US shipping address, which works perfectly. I'm definitely okay with going about things that way.
Cant wait to see you guys get cracking on these!
By Kubaki in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your HelmetsReplies: 8Last Post: 19th Aug 2012, 16:16
By process41only in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your HelmetsReplies: 10Last Post: 7th Feb 2012, 01:02
By dj_avataR in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your HelmetsReplies: 7Last Post: 1st Jul 2010, 13:18