1. Rep:

Re: can someone clear up the whole "Call on Me" thing?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo View Post
    Did they even make 'High Again'?
    I'm skeptical, but I've never read up on it. Without doing much research outside of Discogs, it seems to be yet another imitation. Interestingly, "High Again" was released on vinyl under the artist names "Thomas Falke" and "Thomas Falcon." Smells like a fake

2. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo View Post
    Did they even make 'High Again'?
    I've always assumed, but maybe not. D: I guess it should be "Together" then.

3. Rep:

High Again doesn't seem like the style of Bangalter & Falcon in the sense that it was released on some random commercial label and had a cheesy music video made for it, plus a random portmanteau of 3 different artists. And if the record label knew who was releasing the track, why not release it under Together? Why not release it under Roule?

I think High Again was someone totally different trying to capitalize on their success.
    Voyager of the internet.

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Champiness, I don't mean to be blunt, but you are totally wrong. Here's the real story:

DJ Falcon & Thomas Bangalter did indeed create the original Call On Me track with original samples. But since they felt it sounded too similar to Together and So Much Love To Give, they decided not to release it. But they did play it in DJ sets, a whole YEAR before Eric Prydz released his version, which I believe was originally commissioned by the Ministry of Sound. And rather than get caught up in red-tape, Prydz went to Steve Winwood himself and asked him to re-record the vocals for the track.

The proof is in the pudding, here in this interview with DJ Falcon himself, he talks about Call On Me about halfway through:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oubo6oqyao628o0

Enjoy.
    hmm thanks for the info

im pretty sure i read in another interview with DJ Falcon that he said the "Call on Me" track was Prydz's and that Falcon just played it in his sets before it was officially released. maybe im recalling that interview wrongly now.

anyway, thanks for the proof, now we can have some closure. It was neither an official Together track, nor was it "stolen" by Eric Prydz, but commissioned. Cool.

5. Rep:

No, it was an official Together track, just never released. And don't take my word for gold on that remix commission by the Ministry of Sound by Eric Prydz. What we do know is that he made up that cock and bull story that he gave DJ Falcon pre-release vinyl to play in his sets, that's a lot of ****.
    Voyager of the internet.

6. Rep:

DJ Falcon used to play his own version of 'Call on Me' that he made for his sets at least 4 years before Eric Prydz Released it. There are that many different stories around though..

Daft Mafia

7. Rep:

To those of u who say falcon and thomas made it first:
    Eric said in an interview that he originally made it in 2002, played it for fun at some clubs in Sweden, together with the people from Swedish house mafia, and suddenly it bursted up. And before he knew it it was released on Ministry of sound, and a video had been made. So i doubt that falcon and thomas made a remake of Valiera, at the same time as Prydz. Prydz were defenitly the first to make this track.

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by handsupdk View Post
    To those of u who say falcon and thomas made it first:
    Eric said in an interview that he originally made it in 2002, played it for fun at some clubs in Sweden, together with the people from Swedish house mafia, and suddenly it bursted up. And before he knew it it was released on Ministry of sound, and a video had been made. So i doubt that falcon and thomas made a remake of Valiera, at the same time as Prydz. Prydz were defenitly the first to make this track.
    So Prydz made it first because he said so? Seems feasible.

9. Rep:

cmon, hes a huge daft punk, and french house fan, why would he lie about some of his biggest inspirations in music.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by handsupdk View Post
    cmon, hes a huge daft punk, and french house fan, why would he lie about some of his biggest inspirations in music.
    Because, if he didn't lie, everyone would know, that one of his biggest hits was based on conceptual theft, and any person working with public relations would tell you, that that would be close to a professional suicide.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast