Results 1 to 10 of 16
Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?26th Mar 2012, 23:49 #1
Hello every body, I bought one Guy Manuel Cast from Sporgo! But now I have a few doubts:
- How can I cut the back dome and put the rear wires.
- What is the easiest way to make the circuits in ears zone?
- How to paste the buckets ears and make the holes for the lighting.
- And how can I paste the visor? Any glue?
I hope your help!
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?27th Mar 2012, 02:57 #3
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?27th Mar 2012, 04:17 #4
There are two ways you can fit the rear wires. The easy way is just to cut out a slot for the wires. The harder ( though more accurate ) way to do it is to cut out the back plate completely, paint it black, wrap the wires around the plate then reassert it into the helmet. Volpin has a good shot of how he did it here:
Paste the bucket ears? I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.
Drill the holes for the LED's on the side with dremel or other rotary tool.
As, for inserting the visor......I Have never done it myself, so I would rather someone experienced chime in on this one.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them for you.
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?27th Mar 2012, 23:09 #5
Last edited by hempo; 27th Mar 2012 at 23:12.
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?30th Mar 2012, 01:30 #6
Come on guys give me some advices please.
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?30th Mar 2012, 02:12 #7
If you can't cut out the back plate, then just slice a hole with a dremel for the wires. Done.
I would use some kind of epoxy for your ears.
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?30th Mar 2012, 02:27 #8
1. Refer to tekparasite's pictures when he did his sporgo bucket: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8798900...7624822539764/
He basicly dremeled out the edges of the back without cutting out the whole thing.
2. I know beastman sells decals. If you want to make your own, you could print this out and trace them.
3. Refer to tekparasite's pictures if you want lighting in the ear. He basically drilled a hole in the center, cut some of it out, and dremeled the rest. Be very careful though. One mess up could lead you to buying another set of ears. To paste it? I don't know. Super glue? Epoxy? http://www.flickr.com/photos/8798900...7624822539764/
For the leds, drill out holes with a drill bit that matches the size of led you are using. To test to make sure the led fits, drill out different sizes of the drill bits onto a piece of scrap wood. If the led fits without it being too loose, then use it on the helmet. Use a ruler to be accurate when drilling the holes on the side of the ear.
4. Like Crank mentioned, I have never inserted a visor in either. I guess people use epoxy on the inside of the helmet. Do some research and I'm sure you'll find the answer.
Hope this helped. Enjoy your build!
Re: Tips to finish my Sporgo Cast?30th Mar 2012, 21:59 #9
Thank a lot guys!!!! your comments have been very helpful, especially with flickr gallery!
I just have a doubt, How I can make the circuit ear zone? I was thinking make the circuits with a laser engraving on acrylic or PVC, then put it on, then fill with bondo the imperfections.
My fear is that the chrome is not uniform in that area, compared with the rest of the helmet.
By AntoineS in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your HelmetsReplies: 22Last Post: 18th Nov 2011, 17:30
By HumanShortCircuit in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your HelmetsReplies: 16Last Post: 17th Jul 2011, 23:10
By sporgo in forum Fan-madeReplies: 8Last Post: 13th May 2011, 20:43