1. Rep:

Re: A pep to an Encore in 2 months! (hopefully)

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Completely understood Crank. I just used a simple one that I found for today, I think it's meant for paint though. But I'm gonna get the good 3M one very soon. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

2. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by zer0g View Post
    Lol moist and meaty....
    Quote Originally Posted by donatello68 View Post
    So let's all make peace, make love, and dance to Mord Fustang, yeah?
    Soundcloud
    I promise I'll get to using that thing sometime
    Continental Breakfast: Ice Cream Department Manager

3. Rep:

Completely understood Crank. I just used a simple one that I found for today, I think it's meant for paint though. But I'm gonna get the good 3M one very soon. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.
    Sorry If I sounded like a tool, but I learned from experience how important it is to wear a respirator. When I first got into the Prop making biz, I never wore one. Sometimes i wore one of those little dust masks, but those are not sufficient for stuff like toxic chemicals and heavy sanding. Eventually, My throat would hurt after I would stop working and I had a bad cough for 24 hours after. Then I woke up and smelled the roses.

Now, I'm completely allergic to fibreglass....The more you are exposed to it without protection or ventilation, the more your body hates it.

Not trying to sound like a tool.....Just trying to give a warning: Prevent the problems I had and wear a respirator.

By the way, this looks good! Your pep looks like it warped during the resin stage, so I recommend heating up the malformed parts and placing them back to their regular shape when it is all cured! Keep going!

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by driftninjabr-z View Post
    Lol moist and meaty....
    Haha. My dog's gotta eat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crank729 View Post
    Sorry If I sounded like a tool, but I learned from experience how important it is to wear a respirator. When I first got into the Prop making biz, I never wore one. Sometimes i wore one of those little dust masks, but those are not sufficient for stuff like toxic chemicals and heavy sanding. Eventually, My throat would hurt after I would stop working and I had a bad cough for 24 hours after. Then I woke up and smelled the roses.

Now, I'm completely allergic to fibreglass....The more you are exposed to it without protection or ventilation, the more your body hates it.

Not trying to sound like a tool.....Just trying to give a warning: Prevent the problems I had and wear a respirator.

By the way, this looks good! Your pep looks like it warped during the resin stage, so I recommend heating up the malformed parts and placing them back to their regular shape when it is all cured! Keep going!
    Oh don't worry, you don't sound like a tool! Nice that you're just trying to look out for my safety, and safety is a high priority of mine working with this stuff, so I completely understand and take your advice! And I noticed the warping late into it. I'll try to buff those out soon.

Also, it's kind of early but I've been looking into it. Has anyone here made an Encore helmet before? I was wondering what appropriate length and diameter for the wire would be? For the the length I'd assume around 20 feet, but I'd like to make sure.
    Last edited by zer0g; 4th May 2012 at 03:03.

5. Rep:

Hey guys, bit of an update. Over the last week or so I've been resining whenever I've had the time, been a bit busy. No pics at the moment, but I'm at the stage of fixing some deformations in the upper left visor and the far right jaw/cheek. They stick out a bit so I'm gonna bump them down a bit. Needs some more coats still, but I'll be sure to have some pics at the end and at the bondo stage.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Crank729 View Post
    Your pep looks like it warped during the resin stage, so I recommend heating up the malformed parts and placing them back to their regular shape when it is all cured! Keep going!
    I didnt know you can do this! Im goanna have to keep this in mind!

Hey guys, bit of an update. Over the last week or so I've been resining whenever I've had the time, been a bit busy. No pics at the moment, but I'm at the stage of fixing some deformations in the upper left visor and the far right jaw/cheek. They stick out a bit so I'm gonna bump them down a bit. Needs some more coats still, but I'll be sure to have some pics at the end and at the bondo stage.
    Sounds like your making some good progress cant wait to see it!

7. Rep:

I think you should abandon the project imediately, go outside, and listen to some UKF dub

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by randals18 View Post
    I think you should abandon the project imediately, go outside, and listen to some UKF dub
    I think you should stop posting stuff about dubstep that has nothing to do the thread.

9. Like DPalive likes this post
  10. Rep:

Ok sorry man I just love UKF dubstep

11. Rep:

I know.......That's what your avatar says!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast