Tags:
alive 2017
  1. Rep:

Alive 2017

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    It is assumed that the next Daft Punk world tour will be 2017, considering that the their previous world tours have been 1997 and 2007. However, will they perform like they did for their 2007 tour by dj-ing their own music? Or will they play like an old-school band? I'm leaning/hoping for them to dj their Tron Legacy music. They had some good stuff in there. But anyway what do you guys have to say about this?

2. Senior Member
    Rep:

Re: Alive 2017

Tron music is a weird subject. some dont think it will fit, others presume copyright could be involved and all that stuff.
    I dont know if they will be playing sets with their normal gear. But what i think would be awesome is if they performed all their songs with real equipment.
    eg : Guitars, synths, drum machines, drums, bass etc etc..

♥♥♥♥♥

3. Rep:

I'm hoping for a mix of the two, so maybe they can DJ some segments then have the collaborators..."collaborating" with instruments for the appropriate songs.
    "When they'd play gigs, de Homem-Christo would hide behind equipment or turn his back to the audience."

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaybirdsnest View Post
    Tron music is a weird subject. some dont think it will fit, others presume copyright could be involved and all that stuff.
    I dont know if they will be playing sets with their normal gear. But what i think would be awesome is if they performed all their songs with real equipment.
    eg : Guitars, synths, drum machines, drums, bass etc etc..
    Had the same idea. It would be cool if they performed the songs live.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

5. Rep:

I think they'll continue with the DJ Sets. They've said many times that they don't connect their albums and their shows and they are two separate things. I imagine that Daft Punk will do the same for this and not have the live instrumentation aspect change their sets.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I think they'll continue with the DJ Sets. They've said many times that they don't connect their albums and their shows and they are two separate things. I imagine that Daft Punk will do the same for this and not have the live instrumentation aspect change their sets.
    I agree. It's what they have been doing. But the idea of them performing RAM, to me, seems just as weird as preforming Tron, if not weirder. Most of the songs are slow and not the same heart-pumping tunes like in the previous Alive's. But I do think they will play one or two Tron songs and some samples form the soundtrack.

7. Rep:

I don't think we'll have to wait til 2017, they'll probably tour sometime during the next two years. I don't think it will be called "ALIVE [year]" either, I have a feeling they'll be doing something really different this time around.

They definitely won't play TRON, though. They've expressed that they don't want to play the soundtrack live. It wouldn't fit in super well with their other stuff anyway.

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by HAAXXER View Post
    I agree. It's what they have been doing. But the idea of them performing RAM, to me, seems just as weird as preforming Tron, if not weirder. Most of the songs are slow and not the same heart-pumping tunes like in the previous Alive's. But I do think they will play one or two Tron songs and some samples form the soundtrack.
    if they do do RAM, they would have to remix it drastically, in a way that sounds like what they would do back in their heyday (1997-2004)

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hoosteen View Post
    if they do do RAM, they would have to remix it drastically, in a way that sounds like what they would do back in their heyday (1997-2004)
    Or maybe they could adjust all their other songs to be laidback like RAM.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Camerabob1 View Post
    Or maybe they could adjust all their other songs to be laidback like RAM.
    then it wouldn't be too, Alive per se

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast