1. Rep:

ADE - Which artist should I see?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I'm thinking about going to Amsterdam Dance Event, but since there are around 2000 DJ's and 100 Venues, I wouldn't know where to start..

So I hope that judging by my taste of music, you guys maybe could advise me certain DJ's.

The music I love is all of the french stuff; Daft Punk, Justice, the complete Ed Rec ensemble, Laurent Garnier etc. you know what I mean
    I especially love Daft Punk's early work, like they produced when performing alive '97, and a friend already advised me to look up Advent & Industrialyzer and I did enjoy that quite a lot. Next to that, Jeff Mills also produces awesome music but he won't be at ADE.. I think Kink also is a very good DJ. This is just a short list of DJ's and producers that might be relevant for you to give me a good advice.

Hope you can help me!

''Bonjour I am in a Formula 1 car.''
    - Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Kid View Post
    Yeah, yeah, pics or it...it.....it happened and you just never posted pics....
    Quote Originally Posted by Camerabob1 View Post
    Did you know... "what?"
    That I can go to Japan. And back.

2. Rep:

Re: ADE - Which artist should I see?

just some names that I might wanna take a look ... Laurent Garnier, Josh Wink, Modeselektor, Buraka Som Sistema, Partysquad, Adrian Sherwood, Pete Tong, Actress, some dutch artists such as FS Green or Nouveau Riche Mr. Polska, Jungle by Night, DJ Spinna, Ricardo Villaslobos and for sure DJ Jazzy Jeff ... and many many more ... enjoy Amsterdam

in thick - the one i fancy to see live

3. Rep:

Too bad there won't be a Cassius+Together performance this year!

4. Rep:

Thanks you for your response, but Cedric, to be honest I don't think you'd get a clear image of my taste in music, but that could be because of lack of a good description.
    The partysquad is not really good, and Mr. Polska is just crap tbh.
    Thanks for the effort though, I'll definitely look up some of the other names you mentioned.

''Bonjour I am in a Formula 1 car.''
    - Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Kid View Post
    Yeah, yeah, pics or it...it.....it happened and you just never posted pics....
    Quote Originally Posted by Camerabob1 View Post
    Did you know... "what?"
    That I can go to Japan. And back.

5. Rep:

Not sure if you're also into the deep/bass/whatever house that's popular in the UK, but a good friend of mine, Lane 8 and a couple of friends are playing!

http://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl/...special/14700/

Here's a recent track of his if you're willing for a listen: https://soundcloud.com/lane8music/lane-8-diamonds

EDIT:

There's also Colors x Hessle Audio & Clone Records.

I especially recommend Leon Vynehall, Serge and Marquis Hawkes. Proper house that I think the Daft boys would play back in the 90s given the chance.

Marquis Hawkes just had a release on Houndstooth that's very akin to the old school sample house vibe. https://soundcloud.com/marquis-hawke...-fifty-fathoms

Leon Vynehall plays the sample house card too but a on deeper level. His latest release on Clone's Royal Oak imprint is mad good.
    https://soundcloud.com/clone-nl/leon...flies-royal023

Then there's Serge who really likes the old Chicago jackin' sound.
    https://soundcloud.com/aldentyrell/g...ergetyrell-rmx

Best of luck, mate.
    Last edited by dumbguy; 10th Oct 2014 at 01:30. Reason: Options

6. Rep:

For those who think that the ADE is too crowded, too expensive and over-rated (I am one of them) ... 18 October in Rotterdam club Bird is a special Peanutt Butter Wolf evening with movie Our Vinyls weight a Ton and DJ set starting at 23:00 ... great

PS = website of the ADE = http://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl/locations/festival/

7. Rep:

I don't know about his dj sets but Compuphonic's music is nice. Others I'd suggest are Dj Jazzy Jeff, Dj sneak, Four Tet, Hercules & Love affair, London Elektricity, Moonbootica, Mount Kimbie, Nosaj Thing, Quinten 909, Shameboy. Also don't get fooled by the Chord memory remix of Ian Pooley, I saw him a couple years ago and his set was boring

8. Like cedrickjames likes this post
  9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by cedrickjames View Post
    just some names that I might wanna take a look ... Laurent Garnier, Josh Wink, Modeselektor, Buraka Som Sistema, Partysquad, Adrian Sherwood, Pete Tong, Actress, some dutch artists such as FS Green or Nouveau Riche Mr. Polska, Jungle by Night, DJ Spinna, Ricardo Villaslobos and for sure DJ Jazzy Jeff ... and many many more ... enjoy Amsterdam

in thick - the one i fancy to see live
    I missed seeing DJ Jazzy Jeff when I went to Ibiza about 9 years ago. That was because my friends are lame and no nothing about music. Grrrr...