1. Rep:
    Lightbulb

My theory about ALIVE 2017

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hello to everyone we all know alive 2017 must come maybe next year or this summer so here is my theory what can DP in live

let some fact here

ALIVE 1997 : theses show was the era of improvisation , a lot was pre-programmed
    but a lot was played live specialy the drums machines like they were jamming in the studio but in live ^^

ALIVE 2007 : The idea was to create an visual and epic sounding show based to the reference of the movie from spielberg " close encounters of the third kind" with the intro note (btw they did a version in msg with Phoenix ) so no improvisation that wasnt the idea said thomas in an french interview

not lets talk about the 2017 we all know daft punk dont like doing the same thing twice so i my point is the show going to be completely different from 2007

i thinks they will perform with musician and machine something totally hybrid like they did to the Grammy with a lot of musician with reworking the last album RAM
    Thomas said in the interview " ram is an album than daft punk could have sample " and it could be funny to sample ram and recreated something experimental and also pop in the structure , like Todd rundgren did in the past or bowie , about the visuel the hologramme visual can be interesting .
    we can also relate the tron Lp , i dont know if he will be in the live but the way they are doing music can be resume with the tron soundtrack ,
    electronic + musician = TRON = RAM

alive 97 = full machine ( we know they was computer but his job wasnt really important like 07')
    alive 07 = computer and machine
    alive 17 = machine + musician + computer ?
    honestly it could be awesome because daft punk show us they can also write piece like ram more moody and mature music less banger and raw

well let me know what do you thinks about this sorry for my bad English im french after all :P

2. Like aaronelektro likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: My theory about ALIVE 2017

Let me clear something about 2007 and 1997 for ya.

If anything was played from pre-made templates, it's Alive 2007. Compare any 2007 bootlegs with each other and they will sound identical. 2006 bootlegs differ just a LITTLE bit from 2007 (a bit different track listing and no encore). Many tracks sound exactly the same as album versions.
    1997 was completely improvisational, because they actually played everything from their studio equipment which they took on a tour. Because they were literally improvising, they would change the track positioning as well, which, umm... how I should I even explain this?.. Let's just say that it would really affect the aesthetics of each bootleg from 96-97 era. Take a listen to any of them (there aren't really a lot of them, but still) and each will give you a different sense of their daftness (in a good way) at that time. Plus, we still don't have the very FULL coveted recording which would also have a live version of Fresh and an encore that would list more "Teachers" than the album version. Finally, Daftendirektour did incorporate visuals, but only just a small portion is available.

Until we have a full recording of a Daftendirektour performance with the missing tracks and a whole picture of the visuals (which will probably, sadly, NEVER happen), we can't compare Alive 1997 and Alive 2007 to a full scale.

Please excuse me, I just had to :/
    Last edited by Shadermader; 7th Mar 2016 at 20:09. Reason: Minor changes

4. Rep:

We can only speculate about it. I really doubt if they are going to tour in 2017, because Daft Punk are completely unpredictable. So, if they have nothing exciting to show us, they will simpely not tour.

If they will decide to tour, I think they will do something in a similar fashion to Alive 2007. Just Thomas and Guy Man, a new mix of their most popular work and a cool lightshow. I think their won't be any musicians, because it will be impossible to create the kind of polish Daft Punk wants in their shows. What will Thomas and Guy Man have to do if all music is played by musicians? I don't think they are that good performers with instruments. And then we are still ignoring the fact that large portions are sample based, and almost imposible to play with a guitar and keyboard, especially the discovery ones. Another argument is that a live performed show with musicians will become quite slow, and they will be able to play only a few songs.

5. Like Daft Knight of the Roulé likes this post
  6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Let me clear something about 2007 and 1997 for ya.

If anything was played from pre-made templates, it's Alive 2007. Compare any 2007 bootlegs with each other and they will sound identical. 2006 bootlegs differ just a LITTLE bit from 2007 (a bit different track listing and no encore). Many tracks sound exactly the same as album versions.
    1997 was completely improvisational, because they actually played everything from their studio equipment which they took on a tour. Because they were literally improvising, they would change the track positioning as well, which, umm... how I should I even explain this?.. Let's just say that it would really affect the aesthetics of each bootleg from 96-97 era. Take a listen to any of them (there aren't really a lot of them, but still) and each will give you a different sense of their daftness (in a good way) at that time. Plus, we still don't have the very FULL coveted recording which would also have a live version of Fresh and an encore that would list more "Teachers" than the album version. Finally, Daftendirektour did incorporate visuals, but only just a small portion is available.

Until we have a full recording of a Daftendirektour performance with the missing tracks and a whole picture of the visuals (which will probably, sadly, NEVER happen), we can't compare Alive 1997 and Alive 2007 to a full scale.

Please excuse me, I just had to :/
    did u read what i just said ? alive 1997 was full patern recorded into sp1200 sampler etc BUT so its premade template i know what im talking about i have some of these gear sp12 wardolf juno tr 909 etc u had to pre recorded ans partern ALIVE 2007 follow the ableton project the only thing they are triggering is filter effect and loop for transition etc
    so u just repeat what i was saying 97' improvisation with prerecorded patern and 07 ableton live project

7. Like Sap likes this post
  8. Rep:

Shadermader and for adding daftendirektour was basic visual that wasnt really the point was classic raving light , the whole idea of the tour is in the name daft en direkt tour its a french word for daft a live tour so yeah live is the main concept in 97 the idea of jammin together in a lot of french interview they said the idea was to promote rave culture that why these era is so different that 07'

9. Rep:

well when i mean live musician i mean sample + gear like they did in the grammy they were triggering all the gear in midi putting effect on bass drums and doing the mix so they can do a lot of thing for 2017 we t sure if they will perform because ram is a concept of reborn said thomas in a french interview the cover is totaly different from theyr previous concept cover abum with the logo also they never did the same thing twice thy wanted to see if we can record an album with real drummer that the main goal of ram why not ont in alive also putting real drums with B.A.R and sample can be good like they did i the grammy if they do a alive 2007 2.0 they know everyone will enjoy it but they wont be happy because these is nothing new to show remember when alive 07 came up led wasnt even very well know except from geek like them i really thniks this is possible because they never did it until the grammy and if they work on something like that really seriously these can be amazing if u listen carrefully the grammy show is build like alive 07'

10. Rep:

Whoa, whoa, calm down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTiFouZ View Post
    alive 1997 was full patern recorded into sp1200 sampler
    I am sorry, but that proves you know nothing about equipment. Don't even say that you own it.

What I can suggest is that you need to listen to more Daft Punk bootlegs of Daftendirektour and Alive 2007 eras, because I have a feeling that you've only heard the official ones.

11. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by MrTiFouZ View Post
    did u read what i just said ? alive 1997 was full patern recorded into sp1200 sampler etc BUT so its premade template i know what im talking about i have some of these gear sp12 wardolf juno tr 909 etc u had to pre recorded ans partern ALIVE 2007 follow the ableton project the only thing they are triggering is filter effect and loop for transition etc
    so u just repeat what i was saying 97' improvisation with prerecorded patern and 07 ableton live project
    Ok mate, what live sets did you listen to come up with that conclusion? because it sounds to me like you listened to 20 minutes of Alive 1997

12. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Whoa, whoa, calm down there.

I am sorry, but that proves you know nothing about equipment. Don't even say that you own it.

What I can suggest is that you need to listen to more Daft Punk bootlegs of Daftendirektour and Alive 2007 eras, because I have a feeling that you've only heard the official ones.
    ok lets have fun
    1st
    how to made ALIVE 1997
    take an sp1200 + samplers ( akai s01 lexicon jamman loop machine etc im sure u know all that )
    2nd most of the live was recorded in the bangalter studio
    Why recorded in studio if its live u will tell me ?
    because most of their stuff wasnt midi bangalter got a lot of stuff from his dad including minimoog and roland cr 78 and few pedals
    and a lot of bass are from not only junno 106 but the minimoog so when they dont have the midimoog or Se-1 etc they rec all in samplers ? did u get it ? iTs pre recorded for some live , if u see the daft punk uncheaned doc u can see they do R&S with the sp1200 because the kick is sample for tr 909 and linn they created a kit well the rest is live u can listen everything from rex club to Hultsfred Festival a lot is preprogrammed they just mix sequence on the alesis that why thomas used 3 of them sometimes

now for ALIVE 2007 yes the show got some improvement but the show i still the same as 80% than the bercy one , OFC EVERY show is unique because of the acoustic etc...
    and for the gear i own myself a decent homestudio i visited a lot of studio / home studio related to crydamour or roule u know in paris the gear and Technics from dp is not that secret every producer know a lot about how they did their album / Live , the most amazing part is how far they go to get their own style as we all know the homework album for alot is amazing in production but we all know its the chicago version the most amazing thing is how they mix their track , even thomas say it " what's make our sound is the way i mix the track in a very unpro way'
    its may be hard to understund me but if u understand french i can explain u the way they sequence their live and if u heard glascow lie it all make sense

13. Rep:

i listened all their bootleg i read most of their interview u should listen the on thomas did in 2009 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-Qfa_6dpo this one explain a lot about the project dp and the way the created thing they even talk technics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast