1. Rep:

Daft Punk thing on French TV

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    OK I found this link in the FTF - its some french TV show discussing the Discovered CD, and some other bits - would be cool if anyone who speaks french here could give a brief rundown of just what they are saying!

http://telematin.france2.fr/telematin-vod.php

You need to skip to around 1hour 50mins for the DP feature.

2. Rep:

uhhgggg.......i don't have the right video player......

someone tell me what this is about!!!!!
    the suspense of what that link leads to is killing me.....^__^ XD

3. Rep:

idk i'm still looking at it

4. Rep:

wow there is like this guy with glass who looks like a fag. it sounds like he is making fun of dp

5. Rep:

It starts exactly at 1:50:33 - 2:00:35.
    I wish I could speak French.

6. Rep:

me2, i tried to learn it in school but i sucked at it and had to quit!!!haha

7. Rep:

My very limited French skills tell me that the clip isn't anything too crazy. The guy in the glasses actually seems to like Daft Punk and he gives a really basic overview of them to the older man (how they're French musicians and producers, how they never show their faces, the helmets, etc.)

The clip is primarily about the Discovered album and they show two examples of DP's sampling. The glasses guy says it's funny that Kanye West sampled "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" for "Stronger" considering DP themselves sampled "Cola Bottle Baby" for the track. True meaning of a sample? Homage? Very simply done? Not so sure. He also explains how they sample legally by calling up the original artists and expressing interest in creating a new track with bits of theirs, etc.

The older guy struck me as being fairly hesitant to like DP. I heard "bruits" pop up somewhere, so I'm not sure if he considered himself a true music fan and thought DP was just a bunch of noise...or something. He was open-minded though.

Ugh. I hope one of the lovely people here who speaks it fluently can help more.

8. Rep:

well he was trying to make a good news note, but in the kanye west sample i must say he dont use the part of cola bottle baby. ^^ but its a daft punk apearing in tv