The 54th Grammy awards ceremony is this Sunday 12 February at 8pm EST (1am GMT). LL cool J, who has won 2 Grammy’s himself, will be hosting the evening.
This year marks the 5th Grammy Awards where Daft Punk have been nominated, having recieved 7 nominations in previous ceromonies and taking home 2 awards in 2009.
Daft Punk have been nominated for 2 Grammy’s this year:
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media
Daft Punk’s 2011 soundtrack to Tron: Legacy is nominated in this category.
- Tron: Legacy – Daft Punk
- Black Swan – Clint Mansell
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 – Alexandre Desplat
- The King’s Speech – Alexandre Desplat
- The Shrine – Ryan Shore
Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical
End of Line (Photek Remix) taken from Tron Legacy: Reconfigured remix album is up for best remixed recording, non-classical.
- End Of Line (Photek Remix) – Photek (Daft Punk)
- Cinema (Skrillex Remix) – Sonny Moore (Benny Benassi)
- Collide (Afrojack Remix) – Afrojack (Leona Lewis)
- Only Girl (In The World) (Rosabel Club Mix) – Abel Aguilera & Ralphi Rosario (Rihanna)
- Rope (Deadmau5 Mix) – Deadmau5 (Foo Fighters)
Daft Punk’s previous Grammy Nominations
Best Dance Recording: “Da Funk”
Best Dance Recording: “Around the World”
Best Dance Recording: “One More Time”
Best Pop Instrumental Performance: “Short Circuit”
Best Electronic/Dance Album: Human After All
Winners: Best Dance Recording: “Harder Better Faster Stronger (Alive 2007)”
Winners: Best Electronic/Dance Album: Alive 2007
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media: Tron: Legacy
Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical: End Of Line (Photek Remix) (Tron Legacy: Reconfigured)