1. Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo56 View Post
    really amazing song. i think it goes really well with the rest of the first half of that album. It's kinda like this whole thing about the awe and power of the machines, and this music is a demonstration of that raw gritty power. Prime Time of Your Life starts out almost as a call, a message, live, now, in the prime time of your life (before it's too late or something) but then it gets taken over the machines. Eventually it crescendos into an orgy of power, overlapping itself until finally it implodes into oblivion. This kind of illustrates the self-destructiveness of the machines, and it tells us what happens when we let go of the human side of ourselves. But i also found another meaning that doesn't really have anything to do with anything, and that's when you fall in love (or like) with someone, and it's like you're all nervous. So the song is about like this is the prime time of your life, right? but then you feelings answer back cause you're nervous as heck (well, at least i am) and it's like all of these different emotions start getting all crazy and all this crazy stuff is happening in your life, like you're in a blender, until it all finally all reaches some grand conclusion. well, anyways, one of my all-time favorite Daft Punk songs.
    A pretty cool rendition of what this track is all about...

2. Rep:

Robo56: Nice, that really is a great interpretation of the song. I dig it.

3. Rep:

This is the music video from my point of view.

The girl watches the TV. She flips through the channels and everyone seems to be skeletons and she is the only human character. She sees (not in order):

* A shopping channel.
    * A president called "Tha Big Chief".
    * A domestic fight with a husband and wife.
    * A news broadcast with a secret cameo of Daft Punk.
    * A commercial for a treadmill.
    * A weatherman showing the nice weather in Springfield, Springdale, Springston, etc (the repetition of spring is used for comedy). The weather conditions are Perfect, Nice, Partly Perfect, Excellent (completely mocks the darkness of her room).

I noticed that all of those topics are like growing up and being 18 or older. She sees pictures on her drawers and her friends and parents are skeletons. They are:

*Her jumping rope with her skeleton friends, and she is very overweight.
    *Her being held by her skeleton mom.
    *Her next to her skeleton dad.

The last two pictures bring a flashback. She is next to her skeleton dad who is wearing a tropical flower shirt, a hat, a little cardigan or some sort of similar article of clothing, and some sunglasses clipped to his shirt. He gives the girl a heart necklace. The girl is astonished at how much she loves it and shows it to her skeleton mom. And that brings us back to the second picture.

She then looks at herself in the mirror above her drawers, standing there in disgust about her looks. She walks into her bathroom and turns the light on. There you can see Britney Spears's greatest hits album poster in the background (in skeleton form).

She sees herself in the mirror, thinking she is ugly. She takes off her heart necklace and opens a drawer to find a toothbrush, some Q-Tips, and a lonely razor blade. She then picks it up. As then, the music speeds up to the suspense of the moment. She slits her skin off her hand to see her flesh. She slits the skin off her face and takes off the rest. She then takes off her pink robe to find her half skinless (my theory of the girl slitting her skin is because she wants to cut the fat off her face).

She gets a little woozy and all the pictures flash before her eyes (the last picture are her regular human friends).

She faints, passes out and dies. Her parents run in her room to see her laying on the floor (you can only see her legs) crying in despair because of her daughter.

From my mind, the message is to not worry about your appearance or age, but just live your life and enjoy it.

4. Rep:

Well after that synopsis I know for sure I am not going to watch that video, lol. I knew the video was genuinely creepy about someone slitting off their skin though.

I always though Prime Time of Your Life was talking about suicide though.
    Voyager of the internet.

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well after that synopsis I know for sure I am not going to watch that video, lol. I knew the video was genuinely creepy about someone slitting off their skin though.

I always though Prime Time of Your Life was talking about suicide though.
    Yup, I tried to have my synopsis as detailed as possible, so I can warn you guys!!!! And also so you don't get confused...

6. Rep:

What I love about this song is that you won't hear anything else like it even if other artists use the same sort of equipment, it just grows on you so quickly that you barely have time to really listen deeply into it. The use of it on Alive 2007 with The Brainwasher, Rollin and Scratchin and Alive is a perfect use of the song, I love this song and with Emotion and Human After All it makes the album for me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456