1. Rep:

The Prime Time of Your Life

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Discussion about this song? It's probably Daft Punk's most original song. The swung beat with the robot guitar, and the creepy drone halfway through that speeds up to infinity really set it apart. Not to mention the video. Very strange, but yet very appealing.

It keeps with HAA's theme of television, nicely, with the use of "Primetime".

I don't know, I just thought it'd be different to discuss a single song for a change.

2. Rep:

I actually like this song, it is a bit twisted, but in a good way if you know what i mean.

3. Rep:

I think is the song of the album.. Of course, with Robot Rock and Human After All. But this particular song has a deeper meaning than the others, wich gives soul to the record...

And I love the Para One remix, I never heard of him 'till that holly day listened the remix ^____^

4. Rep:

I really, really, really hate this song. In my opinion, it was probably one of the worst songs on HAA already, and the music video ruined it for me even more. I mean it's a good concept for a video, but come on, I think they could have been more careful about censorship. A screenshot was all it took to give me a three-week bout of insomnia. Seriously, Television Rules The Nation should've been a single instead.

That said however, Para One and Night Facilities nailed it with their remixes, especially Night Facilities with his idea to chuck snippets of Aerodynamic, Around The World and Human After All in there too. And Para One's remix was so good Daft Punk used a snippet in the encore of the live show.

5. Rep:

Para One's remix is amazing.

I used to hate PTOYL, but listening to it more, I've fallen in love with it.

6. Super Moderator
    Rep:

[quote1230752780=evilstereo]
    Para One's remix is amazing.

I used to hate PTOYL, but listening to it more, I've fallen in love with it.
    [/quote1230752780]

agreed

its sort of one of those songs which you hate at first, but then realize that theres just something about it that you love and keep coming back to it. for me, i found it impossible to just ignore the voices in the beginning- i loved them too much. and although i still think of the overall song as creepy, its still a work of genius.

its a song that can make a person hate it, yet love it at the same time, and having that ability and pairing it with such a controversial music video about that sort of topic is a bit radical and different, but still what makes it awesome.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

7. Rep:

Helloo! I'm new here

8. Rep:

[quote1230774130=barasalange]
    Helloo! I'm new here
    [/quote1230774130]
    Welcome, but for future reference, new user introductions go here.

9. Rep:

HEY! ITS THE PRIEMTIME OF HIS LIFE!!!

LET HIM BE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Rep:

Well it's a very difficult record to mix for me, unless I do it JUST right and actually end with it. Or use the Para One Remix. but it is one of my faves

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast