1. Rep:

Grr....

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    *If any mods think this is an inappropriate subject to discuss here, feel free to remove if you feel that needs to be done*

I just saw the website for this Christian group (I won't say the name). One of the members has his own section on the site, where he reviews Christian-themed video games, as well as "exposing" so-called antichrist games.
    Some of the games he "exposed" included the stuff you'd expect: Grand Theft Auto, BioShock, Bully etc. However some of the games were just everyday games like Metal Gear Solid, Spore, Guitar Hero and even Tetris!
    This guy was filling the reviews with unnecessary links to the Bible, as well as discrimination towards homosexuals and atheists. I was shocked to see this as I am an atheist myself. He loaded some of the reviews with propaganda about atheism that is simply not true.
    What's worst is many of the games he reviewed he had never even played and was basing the entire review solely on things he'd heard about it. On his review of Guitar Hero games he gave GH3 zero crosses (his scoring system). Afterwards he gave 4 crosses to a Christian rock themed guitar game called Guitar Praise, which hadn't even come out yet.

At first reading his Tetris article just made me laugh, but after reading the whole page I was so offended I sent an outraged email to the guy, outlining his many flawed points.

I am so P'd off right now.

2. Rep:

Personally I don't think you've done anything wrong. You don't seem to be attacking anyone in particular on this forum.
    You're just ranting a bit, and as far as I know that's acceptable.
    This thread is definitely one we'd keep an eye on though, and if it got too heated we would lock it.
    Appreciate the first line of your post.

Shall I post my personal opinion? Well, Tetris was invented by this Russian guy, maybe the game supports communism? All those little blocks, neatly aligning together to make a stronger big block.. sounds like communism to me! But I wouldn't bother sending too many emails.. It's just pointless. These people never listen. What do you think he's going to do? Suddenly change his mind!? Pah.

3. Rep:

I once saw an entire forum dedicated to "proving" that Super Mario Galaxy was a "homosexual recruiting" thing.

4. Rep:

[quote1231530179=boutboulman]
    Shall I post my personal opinion? Well, Tetris was invented by this Russian guy, maybe the game supports communism? All those little blocks, neatly aligning together to make a stronger big block.. sounds like communism to me! But I wouldn't bother sending too many emails.. It's just pointless. These people never listen. What do you think he's going to do? Suddenly change his mind!? Pah.
    [/quote1231530179]

I know Tetris was made by a Soviet scientist, but it's just a puzzle game. This Christian guy essentially said that the makers of Tetris were trying to add a fourth entity to the holy trinity in the form of the Communist state, which is ridiculous. It's a game for god's sake. Although when you put it that way, it does sound like communism, but perhaps the maker of Tetris may have been against it and wanted to express his anger in the form of a video game.

I don't expect the guy to change his beliefs because of me. I just want to let him know he's offending people.

[quote1231530425=Daniel_Rider]
    I once saw an entire forum dedicated to "proving" that Super Mario Galaxy was a "homosexual recruiting" thing.
    [/quote1231530425]

(lol)

That is just ridiculous. I've played through the entire of SMG, and there are absolutely no even slight references to homosexuality.

5. Rep:

They were using stupid fanart and saying it was from the game and :wow::wow::wow::wow: like that. It pissed me off, but made me laugh at the same time cuz it's so ridiculous.

6. Super Moderator
    Rep:

unfortunately, some people are just so set on their beliefs that they will attack anything, whether it be relevant to what their trying to prove or not.

however, although it can definitely get to us at times (im an athiest too and once saw this really horrible anti-athiest video on youtube that got me extremely enraged) its probably just best to keep those opinions and frustrations to ourselves rather than taking them out on the person in question.

because truth be told, i seriously doubt that person is ever going to change.

as for the tetris thing and all of those other video games that they are commenting upon, it DOES seem extremely ridiculous. i think id be fine with it if they had a legitimate reason, but from the concepts of the games youve mentioned, it just sounds like they want a reason to be angry and those groups of people theyre trying to put down.

which bugs me too...

"I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

7. Rep:

Tetris???seriously...

8. Rep:

I know how you feel, I hate it when people write about :wow::wow::wow::wow: they know nothing about. Like when some guy wrote a whole blog about why he hated TG after watching on show, It's rediculus, but it's even worse that he hadn't even played the games

TumblrTwitterFacebook
    Carbon Uranium Nitrogen Tuesday.

9. Rep:

"That is just ridiculous. I've played through the entire of SMG, and there are absolutely no even slight references to homosexuality."

True but isn't that the same game where you win the character shouts "Your a Wiiiner!" ? Might be an earlier one though

10. Rep:

so, well.. where is teh link to the video? I think if we want to make any conclusiona bout this we need to see it xP besides your comentaries about ir BEASM...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast