1. Rep:

UFO's?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I'm not crazy/drunk/high.

I'm not entirely certain... but I think I just saw a UFO.

It was a bright, orange light in the sky, brighter than any star/planet visible. It wasn't moving, and it was off in the distance. I came back a few minutes later and it was gone. Earlier today, I saw a similar light, bright and orange, not moving, and it just faded out/disappeared.

They weren't flashing or anything... and I don't know what the hell they were.

I'm a smart guy, and a strong skeptic (no, I don't think aliens visit Earth)... but it wasn't a plane I saw.

Anyone know what these lights could be? (also, general discussion about UFO's, they fascinate me... I love mystery.)

2. Super Moderator
    Rep:

satellite
    weather satellite
    stealth plane
    weather balloon
    blimp
    radio controlled model airplane

there could be a lot of theories and possibilities.

personally, i dont believe in UFO's. i just really think it is the government working on secret plans that they dont want anyone to know about, so they make up this whole story for a cover.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

3. Rep:

UFO's aren't really a matter of belief, but a matter of fact, if looked at literally. All a UFO is is an Unidentified Flying Object, how that was made into aliens, I'm not sure.

Satellites are much too small to be seen from Earth. Weather satellites like GOES 12 are actually about the size of a car if I remember correctly.

If it was a stealth plane, it was a crappy stealth plane, seeing as it was the most noticeable thing in the sky that night besides the moon...

Weather balloons and blimps don't have lights, at least, not orange lights that dissappear.

Much too big to be a model airplane, and it wasn't moving.

Still stumped. I'm thinking it might have been a helicopter search light or something... fixated on one spot.

4. Rep:

I thought I saw a UFO several months ago out my front window. Kinda like what you saw, except it was sort of amber-y yellow, like the colour of streetlights (and it wasn't a streetlight). Like you said, it was there and staying still. I looked at it for a few minutes and it didn't change. I was making dinner, so I went to stir something (I can't remember what) and I came backa few minutes later. Gone.

5. Rep:

I saw flashing lights outside my house one night but it was just a police car. :\

6. Rep:

Does anyone belive in Aliens? Cause i do!

7. Rep:

In my opinion, aliens do exist. mainly because I think of the size of this universe and I think of how uor planet stands in that perspective. It's almost naïve to think that we are the only living beings in this entire universe.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that UFOs are aliens!

8. Rep:

Exactly. UFO's are so interesting because they're mysterious. Not because they're aliens. They're not.

9. Rep:

Even more interesting (in my opinion, at least) are USO's. Unidentified Submerged Objects, or basically UFO's underwater.

10. Rep:

From a biological point of view, the conditions that allowed life to evolve on Earth are very unlikely to happen. So the chances of any form of life resembling our own existing elsewhere are extremely low. Of course, there could be other forms of complex life we don't know about yet.

If you look at it from a theological point of view (I don't want to bring Theology into this, I'm just saying), God created Earth and made Man in his own image. Did He create the Universe? If He created everything else, it would be likely (in my opinion) that God would create other forms of life elsewhere, especially seeing how crap we turned out to be.

Putting all that to one side, I personally want to believe there are aliens. I do not like the thought of humanity being all alone in the Universe, surrounded only by dead or silent planets and vast empty blackness. And there are a LOT of UFO sightings every year all over the world, so there must be something. Maybe not aliens, but something.

The Truth is out there.

You can check out some of my music here:

http://soundcloud.com/wearegods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast