1. Rep:

Fresh

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I LOVE this song. I don't whether it's the waves, or the soothing guitar, or the filters, or the drums, or the illusion of that human voice...

Anyone agree? This was actually one of the first tracks I listened to when I got Homework (which I admit, I downloaded. I now own the physical CD, paid in full ). The title seemed interesting, so I checked it out, and being a Florida boy, I love the beach. We happened to be on our way to the beach for a good week when I heard it, so I got it, put it on my mp3 player (along with maybe the three other Daft Punk songs I had on there. Keep in mind, this was when my love for house music was still in its infancy.) I listened to it almost all week, fell in love with it, came home, listened to every daft punk song, heard Human After All, I was hooked, heard Make Love, I was hooked further, and then I heard Alive 2007, and here I am.

This song is a real hidden gem of Daft Punk's. I still think Alive 2007 would have been sooooo much better if they had played one clip of this song, for some sort of interlude. It would fit well in the Encore too.

Then there's the video. A complicated scene bringing back Charles, the most famous dog-man in the world, in an indirect sequel to Da Funk. ALL SHOT IN ONE SHOT! If you've ever tried to make a movie, one shot scenes are nearly impossible.

So, discussion about Fresh?

2. Rep:

Fresh is one of my favourites from Homework. and the video made me happy about Charles because Da Funk ended on such dark note.
    music projects: oxos / hey karen
    personal: facebook / twitter / instagram

3. Rep:

Fresh is probaby one of Daft Punk's more Frech Touch sounding songs, along with Indo SIlver Club, High life and High Fidelity. Not a huge fan, but it's still an awesome tune!

4. Rep:

I too love Fresh. It so soothing. And I swear it says 'And I'm Done With It'. Fresh is also one of my faves of Homework :}

5. Rep:

[quote1234299155=evilstereo]
    This song is a real hidden gem of Daft Punk's. I still think Alive 2007 would have been sooooo much better if they had played one clip of this song, for some sort of interlude. It would fit well in the Encore too.
    [/quote1234299155]

Yes!! I always thought Fresh would have been great on Alive 2007. And maybe Digital Love??

6. Rep:

Yes! Fresh is an amazing song. I love the mellow feel, and the beat is so chill. I'd love to hear it live.

7. Rep:

Has there ever been a Fresh remix?

8. Rep:
    On a mushroom in a forest some where in the eastern United States

There's one on the fan remix album of Homework but it's not that good.
    "I've come to care about you. Alot. But also not in that way. Well, yeah, in that way a little. Half n' half." - Shark, 12 oz. Mouse

9. Rep:

Once I was in a vacation to LA and I was tired as :wow::wow::wow::wow:, my legs hurting horribly, while my brother and my cousin were shopping incredibly hiperactively, like if they just had 10 Red Bulls. I just launched myself to the first chair I found, regaining back my whole body. All of a sudden, Fresh starts ringing over a speaker... in a Hot Topic store in front of me. It was the most soothing and relaxing sound I've heard.

10. Rep:

That illusion of the human voice is actually a sample from Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are.
    It's a voice clip from that song.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast