1. Rep:

AFX - New Album In Works.

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Speculation is rife on the forums about a new Aphex Twin album at the end of March,

Any of you clever fellows shed any light on it,or just add to the speculation,

If its true I personally can't wait, MSTRKRFT and AFX release albums in the same month,MARCH ON.

01 - Flan Ard (4:10)
    02 - Saint Water 2 (5:59)
    03 - Gatelewn (5:43)
    04 - Mist In Storage (2:57)
    05 - Konklaver (8:41)
    06 - Fashionable Headpiece (4:32)
    07 - Kashing For (5:03)
    08 - In (Fank2) (9:37)

2. Rep:

I've never heard of Konklaver, but add to the speculation I certainly can do, by giving you a link to this "18 year old spanish guy"'s myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/steinvord

Tell me what you think...
    I'll look up the gossip on Konklaver at some point.

3. Rep:

I had a bit of a search, and found a torrent for an album called Konklaver, correct number of tracks. It was :wow::wow::wow::wow:. And by an artist called khrimson: http://www.last.fm/music/khrimson

My other results from having searched were mainly WATMM threads, and WATMM is pretty untrustworthy (and poor in opinion too). So basically, this is all bull:wow::wow::wow::wow:.
    At least the whole Steinvord thing is believable based on the quality of the music.

4. Rep:

thanks for the heads up william

i'm not too sure about the konklaver , things are a bit vague but i heard that rephlex or warp have got a unamed release soon,

I also got the torrent version not really listened to it much, it has 8 tracks but the names are different,

On the steinvord speculation I think its a copycat but I'm no expert at distinguishing between these things, the other point is that it could be Aphex but tracks unreleased from years ago.

I liked a post somewhere else that said Squarepusher had a track with "Stein" in the title and Aphex has had a track with "Vord" in the title. (I'll check my music because i am quite gullible).

5. Rep:

Squarepusher - Steinbolt

Aphex Twin - Vordhosbn

Don't believe the rumors though, it's usually bull, especially when it comes to anything to do with Richard D. James.

6. Rep:

Check out this link Aphex fans , new album on its way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/200...hex_twin.shtml

7. Rep:

[quote1236998814=dmcefc]
    Check out this link Aphex fans , new album on its way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/200...hex_twin.shtml
    [/quote1236998814]

Impressive coincidence I must say. The previous rumours you mentioned are still utter rubbish though, and the article confirms that (since no one would know the titles of the new tracks).
    Most interesting though.

8. Rep:

yes it was a good coincidence and I should of added that the link was in no releation to the konklaver rumour in my first post,

hey William do you still think RDJ is as relevant today as he was in the 90's?.

9. Rep:

[quote1237045365=dmcefc]
    hey William do you still think RDJ is as relevant today as he was in the 90's?.
    [/quote1237045365]

That's a tough question. Definitely the first thing that came to my mind when reading the article is "will the new stuff be good enough?" Times have changed, it's harder to impress, and as one post on a music forum joked: we've reached the singularity, where technology has become so advanced that anyone can sound like RDJ! The Tuss material showed that he still has a lot to offer though, he's still inventive, and he can still come out with material that simply no one else could. That's why so many people think that Steinvord is something to do with him, because you just don't hear anyone else invent music like that.
    He's still a legend in his own time.
    And to actually answer the question you asked, yes he is. Even if the new material is not as unique as every release was back in the day, he's still a legend in his own lifetime because of those previous releases.
    I prefer DJ Shadow's album The Private Press to Entroducing. I think if both came out today TPP would be the better album. I wasn't around when Entroducing came out so I don't feel quite how "new" it might have been back then, but I understand why it had the reaction it did.
    And when listening to RDJ's back catalog I understand that very well. And actually, I think his material stands the test of time tremendously well. SAW 85-92 is still brilliant. I mean, just listen to it! It's history's first ambient techno album, and yet might never be beaten. The man invented drill and bass. He was a pioneer of computerised beat sequencing. IDM - whatever that means - has come a long way since ...I Care Because You Do, and yet it's still so worthy. He has made some rubbish music, but most of it is so stunning to come back to. He's a musical genius, which no amount of home computer technology and third rate geeky teenagers can live up to.

His music is if anything more relevant now than it ever was. It's impossible to understand what's going on today without going back to the roots of the early 90s.

I've kinda lost track of where I was going with this, but basically his music is maybe no longer relevant to those who follow only the now, but is crucial to anyone who ever develops an interest in electronic music.

10. Rep:

A+

I wasn't prepared for your reply , and have nothing intelligent to add.

I missed out on Aphex first time around ( except for the obvious windowlicker) and have only become interested in the last couple of year's so i can't comprehend the revolution his music created back then.

Do you know of any books or film / documentaries on Aphex ?, I've been checking out the few interviews I can find but they are from way back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast