1. Rep:

Limit for the signature' size

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hello,

Could we, if possible, limit the size for signatures ?
    Some of them are too big (I won't quote names, they'll recognize) and this is a bit annoying to see a huge picture at the end of each message :/

For example, a limit up to 500*150 could be good, I'm not sure loads of people will agree but I just wanted to notice it anyway =)

Thanks in advance.

2. Rep:

When I first joined Daft Club, I would have agreed with you. Some of the signatures were a bit out of hand; and perhaps mine is a tad large. I think there should be a size limit... but I'm not familiar with your dimensions. Are you referring to pixels? Ah, I don't know. I like mine, though. It took me forever to get one that worked.

3. Rep:

Yep I refer to pixels

It would be better to apply a limit for sigs, yours resized (smaller) would be great too

4. Rep:

After doing some research, I think your proposed size wouldn't be too bad.

And I have been trying to resize mine, but it usually ends up turning all grainy. I think I can do it, though.

5. Rep:

So let's wait mods/admin's decision =)

6. Rep:

I guess it depends on the size of your monitor. My signature is 600x200 and I don't think it's that much of a bother for people to see as it's not "gigantic". Of course you could always go to your User CP and scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and uncheck "Show Signature" so they don't bother you anymore. But if this does come to pass, I guess sizing down my banner by 100x50 wouldn't be too horrible. It's not changing by that much.
    ~* *~
    イッツテイスティングタイム!

7. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Arno, we don't have a signature limit, though we have discussed it in the past. i think the general consensus of the Team is that we're in support of a limit, just haven't decided on what would be a good size or how to efficiently enforce it. (it is a bit of a hassle to have to check every questionable signature, and then PM a message to the user. it would be much nicer off course if we could figure out a way to automate signature size.)

anyway, we do have a picture limit, and that is 600 pixels in either direction. if it's larger than that, it must be resized or hyperlinked.

ION, unfortunately your signature is 800 some pixels wide, so that goes against the 600 pixel rule, so you will have to shrink it a little.

Arno, for now, if you see someone with a large signature, especially if it's larger than 600 pixels, you are allowed to PM them and request that they change it. (really, everyone's allowed to do this. so long as they're doing so respectfully and politely.) i would imagine most users would cooperate, but since you are a non-Team member, some members might not feel obliged to listen to you and a Team member can handle it from there if it causes issues.

we'll talk about a potential sig limit size. and ways to efficiently enforce it. thanks for the suggestion!
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

8. Rep:

Ok piroteki, thank you very much ! =)

I diddn't know there was already a limit, I don't have a little monitor (13.4"), not very annoying anyway, but like I said it'd better to make an effort on that.

Thanks Piro !~