1. Rep:

Daft Punk Whistle Sound

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hey,
    I've already done a few Daft Punk mixes and plan to do some remixes, but it would be useful to know what the "rising whine/whistle" sample is called (used in Robot Rock at Alive 2007,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPniroKwZ3g
    starting at 2:44 before the guitar)

Thanks!

2. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

i started hearing that sound around 2:03, but i just listened to the song, i didnt watch the vid. i think it was custom-made for Alive 2007, so i dont have a clue, but it sounds like an pre-made effect you would hear on a synth or something.

3. Rep:

to me it sounds more like screaming. i've heard it in several songs (i don't know the names of any of them), not just in live Daft songs. but i'm sure you could find an easy replacement for that sound somewhere. just find another rising sound. good luck!

4. Rep:

Thanks

Thanks. I've tried searching for "rising whistle sound" "rising whistle sample" "rising whistle scream" etc. And I can't find it.

5. Rep:

Just a simple transition sound that can be made with just about any synth (either set the attack time to a very high value and hold down any high octave key, or just have a very slow LFO control the pitch). Hope this helps.

6. Rep:

Ableton Live sound?

7. Rep:

In my mind, it's a way to build up some excitement and suspense, before hitting the climax in that specific song. They also used it in the encore just before 'Together' started playing.

Hit a high octave note as PC Chongor said, but depending on how long you want it to last, I think you should continue raising the pitch until it ends, that'll give it some of that "build-up" effect. That's how I do it =)

8. Rep:

Thanks again.
    Another trick:
    Set the attack time of the synth extremly high
    Set the octive high
    Pitch bend from the lowest to normal.

9. Rep:

wow. i have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it sounds smart. hope your music comes out well! can i hear sometime?

10. Xenomorph171

Spielberg

Sounds like the song from Close Encounters of the Third Kind to me in the beginning then changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast