1. Rep:

Daft Punk - Live at the Red Box, Dublin October 1997

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hi there.

Wondering if somebody can help me out - at this incredible show (which I was lucky enough to see), Daft Punk did a version of 'Fresh' that I haven't heard on any of the live bootleg recordings.

It started with crazy Jimi Hendrix style-guitar, then broke into the keyboard loop from Fresh and then morphed into another incredible riff that sounded like it was being played on a steel drum - before finally morphing into the riff from Short Circuit.

There was a bootleg tape of the gig sold in Dublin and I used to have a copy but lost it - probably the most annoying thing I've ever lost.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of the experts on here have come across this elusive live version.

2. Rep:

Another bootleg!!! I would give anything for a new bootleg. Ive heard about that live version of fresh but its not in any of the known bootlegs. We should go on a long journey to find the bootleg, we should find other people that went to the show and see if they have a bootleg.

3. Rep:

This particular bootleg tape was also being sold at markets in London.

Unfortunately, the tape ended with The Chase/Around the World so it didn't have the encore, which was absolutely amazing - a live version of 'U Can't Hide From Your Bud' and Teachers, with the photos of the names being shouted out coming up on the screen behind them - the biggest reaction of the night was for Bob Marley - they also had a very funny photo of Giorgio Moroder.

Earlier in the show, they also did a full live version of Revolution 909 but it wasn't very different from the version on Homework.

Otherwise, the show was pretty similar to Live at the Rex.

4. Rep:

(Just letting you know I am obsessed with classic DP sets) AHHHHHHHH OH EHYYY IS THE WORLD SO CRUELLL... EHHHH!! I. Need. This. Bootleg. fehhhh...........d.d... I must find it, GOOGLE SUCKS....d..d.......ehheh. (wait? by tape to you mean VIDEO tape?)

5. Rep:

Nope - the bootleg was an audio cassette.

6. Rep:

Is there any possible way somebody could find this?

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by CuBuLo View Post
    (Just letting you know I am obsessed with classic DP sets) AHHHHHHHH OH EHYYY IS THE WORLD SO CRUELLL... EHHHH!! I. Need. This. Bootleg. fehhhh...........d.d... I must find it, GOOGLE SUCKS....d..d.......ehheh. (wait? by tape to you mean VIDEO tape?)
    dis !

8. Rep:

Great youtube idea.

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by conkeeling View Post
    Hi there.

Wondering if somebody can help me out - at this incredible show (which I was lucky enough to see), Daft Punk did a version of 'Fresh' that I haven't heard on any of the live bootleg recordings.

It started with crazy Jimi Hendrix style-guitar, then broke into the keyboard loop from Fresh and then morphed into another incredible riff that sounded like it was being played on a steel drum - before finally morphing into the riff from Short Circuit.

There was a bootleg tape of the gig sold in Dublin and I used to have a copy but lost it - probably the most annoying thing I've ever lost.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of the experts on here have come across this elusive live version.
    I am hunting for this and will let you know. Ive heard of such a bootleg.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast