1. Default

My Thomas Bangalter Helmet (WIP)

Remove this ad: become a supporter

I started this about a month ago and haven't continued to work on it until recently.

All I did to make it was use my old baseball helmet, taped some cardboard to form the mouth piece, and cut out the bottoms of Coke cans to form the ears.

I than puttied the entire thing and sanded it. I still have some more sanding to do, some parts are smooth and some are not.

I still haven't made the visor, I'm thinking of using plexiglass to form it with the help of my friend. And I also don't have an LED yet, but I'm going to try and find an LED belt buckle in a mall or something.

I also have to paint still.

I'm planning on being Thomas for Halloween, so i found the closest jacket that resembled the actual jackets. It was the only one I could find.

What do you guys think?

2. Rep:

It looks pretty good. Its hard to tell the shapes and angles you used the the MySpace-esque picture you took. I hope the cardboard holds up.
    As a preliminary picture though, I'd say it looks pretty spot on.

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ION14 View Post
    It looks pretty good. Its hard to tell the shapes and angles you used the the MySpace-esque picture you took. I hope the cardboard holds up.
    As a preliminary picture though, I'd say it looks pretty spot on.
    Thanks!

Here's a front view of the helmet I took awhile back before I did more sanding.

4. 🐓
    Rep:

Not too shabby. Great work.

5. Rep:

Now that I'm staring at it... the right side (my right, your left when you're wearing it. Seems a little higher than the opposite side. I could just be seeing things, or it may even be the way it was siting on your head.

Do you ever plan on making a high quality one? I mean with a helmet and possibly fiberglass or one of those kits? You seem to have a good knack for puttying. And from the looks of it, sanding it doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

6. Rep:

Why the long face?

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_boy2027 View Post
    Why the long face?
    this......

8. Rep:

looks pretty good. the chin part is a little bit wide. the reason why the right is higher than the left (IMO) is because i think his head is just slightly tilted. overall, good job.

(should this be in the helmet thread? jw.)

9. D.Poock

My Thomas Bangalter Helmet WIP

Thanks guys, Im glad you like it. If I ever make a new L2 piece Ill be sure to share it here with you guys first. And lmao all the bigger boob requests.

10. Rep:

Niceeeee nice job i have ade one too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast