1. Rep:

EL Wire jackets

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I couldn't find any similar threads in the search panel, so here it is.
    http://www.enlighted.com/pages/daftpunk2007.shtml

This is the company that actually made the jackets. They state at the bottom of the page that they WILL NOT replicate the jackets, but they will take custom orders for original jackets. I didn't look at prices or anything like that. But I thought someone interested in having a custom EL Wire jacket would like to see this!

Edit: AHA!

They made a few suits after making Daft Punk's that are similar, but not the same
    http://enlighted.com/pages/spacesuit.shtml

You're looking at OVER $500 for the basic suit. I can only imagine how expensive the suits were. The site stated in the paragraph regarding the DP suits:
    "These are not for sale, we do not sell replicas of the custom leather suits or the helmets. If you'd like a suit with a very high density of EL wire lighting, the cost of the installation would be several thousand dollars or more."

2. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

expensive but amazing!
    this site is in my favorites, i will use them live whenever i get enough money to do so.

also, go to the main page and the icon for performers costumes is T-Bangs head!

3. 🐓
    Rep:

This has already been talked about before. But anyways, still some good info.

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    This has already been talked about before. But anyways, still some good info.
    I knew it sounded familiar. I was sure we had discussed the suits themselves, but I couldn't remember if anyone had ever found the site and info on replicating the suits.

And, as many others have proclaimed, the search option here on TDC isn't always 100% on the button.

Anyway,
    I thought about ordering one of those leather jackets, but having red or green EL wire along the cuffs and the collar. Maybe even a symbol or something on the back. Some of the stuff on there is just awesome. How cool would it be to get one of the spacesuits. The deluxe spacesuit "slightly" resembles the suits worn by our heroes... minus the fact that they aren't leather.

5. Rep:

Wow. Very very interesting. I've actually haven't seen that site before. And I did go through ALL the threads here as is my habit when joining new forums. There were discussions but I can't recall any mention of that site. Must have missed that thread.

Thanks for sharing!