1. Rep:
    Exclamation

Signature text limit

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I have stumbled across a problem that I haven't met on other forums that used to put restrictions on sig sizes and stuff.
    The problem is that you can only have 16 lines of text. My current signature is relatively small but the codes are large.

If I want to add one more image with a link it says that I'm over the limit.
    Replacing the 16 lines limit with something a little bit bigger would be great. It is a problem for those that put links with pictures, because the code will be quite long.

2. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

yeah, i definitely understand your frustration there. signature limit is something we can alter, but i don't want to do that without first consulting with others.

what you can do to help save a few characters is to use a url shortening site and just link to that shortened url. there are also sites like bit.ly and tinyurl.com that can do this.

if it's still an issue then we might be able to increase the limit a little.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

3. Rep:

It's ok for now, because I've put all the userbars in one dynamic image. Anyway thanks for the advice, might come in handy.

4. Rep:

I think a longer limit would be nice. I keep myminicity URLs on mine and I can only have up 3 and my signature picture. With the limit on picture size in signatures, I don't see any harm in letting people put some more text in their signatures. It would help those who would maybe want to put updates or something of that sort in their signatures.

5. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ION14 View Post
    I think a longer limit would be nice. I keep myminicity URLs on mine and I can only have up 3 and my signature picture. With the limit on picture size in signatures, I don't see any harm in letting people put some more text in their signatures. It would help those who would maybe want to put updates or something of that sort in their signatures.
    the limit is to discourage people who think it's a good idea to post entire stories or a lot of large graphics in their signature, it has happened, so that's why we put it in place! lol

regarding your situation, using the url-shortening websites i mentioned above would help you out. you put your myminicity links into a box on the website, and it spits out a url that's much shorter.

you could then use these shortened urls in your signature like thist:
    [url= shorturl ] (name of minicity) [/ url]

(obviously there's a lot of extra spaces in that so it would render properly to illustrate the code)

anyway, that should save you on at least a few characters.

i should also mention that the url shorteners also work on pictures, and that's how i've linked pictures in my own signature.

like with the url tags, just stick the shortened url between the img tags and that, too, should save you on a bit of characters.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

6. Rep:

Making the limit bigger would help out, and thanks for the info.