1. Rep:
    Talking

Daft Punk @ The Arches, Glasgow 1997

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    This is one of my all time favorite of Daft Punk's live performances. It was not a DJ set, and it wasn't a normal hardware set either. Here we can discuss this amazing live set.

For those who are wondering how they pulled it off I have a good guess on what they did. The gear im pretty sure involved were these.

TR-909, LinnDrum (not sure), multiple samplers, multiple sequencers (probobly MMT-8s), compressor.

Thats all I really hear in the set.

The whole entire set is at 140.00 bpm (except for daftendirekt). They probably warped all of the samples to 140.00 bpm so they would all be in sync. They had each sampler running into a sequencer to trigger all of the different sample loops and such. They had the sequencers in sync with the drum machines. I can hear them using sidechain compression against the kick drum on parts of the set such as "All I Do" and "Raspberry Beret". The only effects I can notice in the set I hear are low and high pass filters. Most samplers have those filters built in.

2. Moderator
    Rep:

This is such a fun set. It's almost like they composed some sort of epic French House suite with all the movements being different samples.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Champiness

It's a sign.

3. 🐓
    Rep:

I love this particular set with a passion. Everything flows so nicely and the song selection is amazing. You are not a true daft punk fan if you haven't heard this mix.

4. Rep:

Can someone help me become a real Daft Punk fan?

5. Rep:

Does anyone know what song/bassline the set opens up with?

Anyone have a decent sounding version of the set? Mine is horribly clipped and distorted.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by PC Chongor View Post
    Does anyone know what song/bassline the set opens up with?

Anyone have a decent sounding version of the set? Mine is horribly clipped and distorted.
    After Daftendirekt they play the bassline from Michael Jackson - Bille Jean. Unfortunately there is no higher audio quality version of the set.

7. Rep:

disco's revenge O_O WOW! that's nice!

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by CuBuLo View Post
    After Daftendirekt they play the bassline from Michael Jackson - Bille Jean. Unfortunately there is no higher audio quality version of the set.
    I don't think that's Billie Jean. I've heard it elsewhere in another house song. Either way, it's way too distorted to be Billie Jean. And the bassline isn't the same I don't think.

I do love some of the songs in this set - Mostly the todd edwards remix of song song...(not alabama blues) And XTC by DJ Funk

The only bone I have with this set is how they go overboard on the drums - just listen to the 2nd track just after daftendirekt. Bit of noise pollution there. That or the quality is bad.

Anyone have a continuous version of this set? I hate how my version is split up into different tracks. That or can someone give me a way of combining iTunes tracks into one continuous mix?

9. Rep:

It is Bille Jean, allot of house songs sample it though. The song they play after (DJ Funk - Work It) samples it.

10. 🐓
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    Can someone help me become a real Daft Punk fan?
    ooooo how convenient, a chance to show off my youtube channel. Just click my sig and browse through the mixes.
    On topic, I agree with CuBulo, it is Billie Jean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast