1. Rep:

CLUB 75 - First DJ Supergroup (Justice, Busy P, DJ Mehdi & Cassius)

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    checked the lat three pages, saw nothin on this. suprised me, thought with so many big names you'd have some posts!
    as it says, Justice & co. have formed this... I don't know what to call it really, Ed Banger's label lady Amandine Romero sums it up with "Backstage, Onstage" and it sets out to "Bring the fun back to DJing", I can see that last part, but Beetroots sets are amazing.
    there's a full article on it, I'll type it up after I'm sure this isn't a repeat.

also there's a CD to commemerate it which I have, I was going to upload & post but Its probably against the rules (although the CD was free with the magazine so IDK, I'll see what the powers that be say)

EDIT: Pics: http://hypebeast.com/2009/10/ed-bang...b-party-recap/
    & Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwkFZUxIQis
    Claude Van Foxbat:
    Dignity, Class, Internet, Music And Love.
    Ilictronix
    On Twitter

2. Rep:

Whoa! This is amazing !!
    we did not choose to become robots. there was an accident in our studio. we were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on september 9, 1999, it exploded. when we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots.

3. Rep:

The video is pure awesomeness !
    Can't you see d/square world ?

4. Moderator
    Rep:

Excellent!
    And I don't think they've ever had a problem with something available for free legally being put up here - not that you should take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Champiness

It's a sign.

5. Super Moderator
    Rep:

lmao super fan is there...

this is pretty cool stuff though =D
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

6. Rep:

Well, I honestly thought the thread would be more popular than this, what with cassius and justice in the same thread title, oh well, uploading the album now, I'll post the link when it's done
    Champiness, do you wanna take the link and post it over on ilicitronix? it'd be better than the filler up now
    For Now: inserts & blurbs

Club 75 insert:
    "Backstage, Onstage" that's how Ed Banger describe the raucous madness of Club 75 in the booth. See, Club 75 is the brainchild of Cassius, Justice, Pedro Winter and DJ Mehdi- and they are, in a very real sense, dance music's hottest DJ crew.
    with one club 75 gig in ibiza, and another at the social club in paris under thier belt, you can expect to see more dancefloor devastation to come from this dream team. And we're extremley proud that one of the godfathers of the french touch scene - Phillippe Zdar of Cassius mix this CD for us live to celebrate this new endevaour with, a blend
    of Vinyl old (K. Saunderson, Cassius) to new (Jack Beats, Mr.Oizo) The man himself is super happy with this mix, as are Xavier & Gaspard from Justice, who love it like we do. Fantastique!

Zdar thanks: Arthur Velasquez, Dyane de Seringy, Danny Whittle & all the other Club 75 members (Busy P, Mehdi, Justice, Clara 3000)

general thanks: Zdar, Arthur, Amandine, Mehdi, Xavier & Gaspard (Merci Beaucoup, gentelmen) Leo @ The Darling Department, Nadine & Alex @ BNR, Ramon Tapia, Franzie & Rudy @Minus, Nick & All @ Osgut Ton, James Pitt, Christian Ailsa & Em @ Your Army & Jack Beats, Theo 'Fake Blood' Keating, Joshua Harvey, Tronic Youth and all at Back Yard, K. Saunderson & all at KMS and Mr. Daniel Bell
    Claude Van Foxbat:
    Ilictronix
    On Twitter

7. Rep:

OK, it's up for DL, only ten times tho, I'm working on mirrors (that last 90 days) but if someone wants to help I would appreciate it.
    perhaps on ilicitronix hosting? I dont know, I think it's too big for that.
    anyhoo: [d/l link removed]

Please note that the CD is free and (as far as my knowledge) is NOT against the rules
    Claude Van Foxbat:
    Ilictronix
    On Twitter

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.F.T View Post
    OK, it's up for DL, only ten times tho, I'm working on mirrors (that last 90 days) but if someone wants to help I would appreciate it.
    perhaps on ilicitronix hosting? I dont know, I think it's too big for that.
    anyhoo: [d/l link removed]

Please note that the CD is free and (as far as my knowledge) is NOT against the rules
    This is the CD that came with... MixMag, was it? I'd say, with my mad studied-law-but-almost-failed-the-class skillz, that it IS against the law/rules: you had to pay for the magazine to get the CD. Or at least I had to. Idk. : D
    Nice CD anyway!

Having seen Ed Banger All Stars ("Justice too?!!1 WTF!? They aren't supposed to be here?!1!!"), you just know that this little club here rocks.
    ಠ_ಠ

9. Rep:

I'd assume that it is free, considering that the £5 or whatever it was only covers the magazine, if the CD was added on call it £7.50 or something.
    like I said, no knowledge of the free subject, if I am told otherwise I will pull the link ASAP
    Claude Van Foxbat:
    Ilictronix
    On Twitter

10. Rep:

But if you get a CD if - and ONLY IF - you BUY a specific magazine, in my humble opinion it cannot be called a "free CD", no matter what the magazine cost.
    Again, I'm no expert in legislation, so I'm eagerly waiting for the mods' answer(s), haha.

Edit: On the other hand, there are (or, NB, at least have been) worm holes (?) in the laws: if a record is called a promotional record (by the original distributors, obviously), it can be e.g. played at a club for free, so I guess "promotional sharing" is okay, too. Idk idk.
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast