1. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    @ION: Aero does not have the 5555 rank, so i'm not sure what you're talking about. Dark is the only person with that rank currently. i seem to remember one other person having it as well before we switched the numbers around or something... perhaps electromatic?

@windy: i'm not sure what you're talking about either. lol. the vast majority of our banned members are spambots, which means they have 0 posts (as we delete them) and no rank. as for people who do have rank, then yeah, they'd have rank because they posted before they broke the rules.

rank just basically means you post a lot. you can have the 5555 rank and be a huge jerk (though, tbh, it'd be kind hard to make it to 5555 posts without being banned if you really were a jerk). if you're looking for something that might actually tell you about someone, that's the rep system, which i feel is tragically under used.

as far as i know, Pants is the only one who's reached the next level in terms of visual symbols, with two little green blocks. most people have one block, which means their reputation is good, but still kind of low. a grey block means they are neutral (with a score of 0), and a red block means they have negative reputation--probably because they were annoying or mean or something.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

2. Super Moderator
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ION14 View Post
    I like to think that, on a forum, a rank shows newer AND seasoned posters that this person is someone to listen to. Any noob can look up some info on a sketchy site... but someone with a higher rank probably did their homework... that's why they have that rank.
    by 'rank' are you talking about the amount of records or reputation?

because honestly, the amount of records you have and if they are gold or not only corresponds to posts ONLY (i think, it might be visits too). so someone might have 4,000 posts, but they could just be a spammer or someone who talks a lot. doesnt necessarily mean they're experienced and someone to come to when you have a question. so don't think thats the only reason people have gold records and stuff. ALTHOUGH the more you stick around this place, the more you find out. so it does work in that sense.

reputation however, would be more of the whole 'someone to listen to' type deal. when it first started, reputation was given when someone made a good point or brought up a good piece of information- so that was a reason to go to them and look up to them. its still sorta the same now, yet some people just give others rep cause they feel like it or they made an awesome picture or posted something really funny. thats all good too- boosts self esteem, the people usually deserve it, etc.

it really depends on the person, just to restate this though. there are some pretty smart people on here who know their stuff and can definitely be approached with any question. they might not just post much. and the other way around. just to let you know.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

3. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

lol for posting nearly identical explanations.

*redundant hi-five*
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

4. Super Moderator
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    lol for posting nearly identical explanations.

*redundant hi-five*
    lol i know, i probably started writing mine before i saw yours.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

5. awe$▲m
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    as far as i know, Pants is the only one who's reached the next level in terms of visual symbols, with two little green blocks. most people have one block, which means their reputation is good, but still kind of low. a grey block means they are neutral (with a score of 0), and a red block means they have negative reputation--probably because they were annoying or mean or something.
    Ahem, 8-Bitbot has the two blocks too.
    So, you if you get 100 rep points you get two blocks?

6. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by spamwichx View Post
    Ahem, 8-Bitbot has the two blocks too.
    So, you if you get 100 rep points you get two blocks?
    yeah i realized that after i wrote it. oops. Pants and 8-Bitbot have the two blocks. there. :]

i don't want to spoiler the numbers for the whole system, but yeah, 100 is apparently when you get upgraded from one block to two. (more upgrades/blocks will come with more rep, but no one's reached that point yet.)
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

7. Rep:

Wow never realized that haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123