1. Rep:

Thomas helmet group buy

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    UPDATE!!!!!!! 2/8/11

Here is the finished master/ 3D print

This is the final model for reference. I will post images of the print when I get it in my hands.

OK everyone. I have bad news and good news. Lets start with the bad news. I will no longer be dealing with this design company. Things just have not been up to my standards. Lack of continued communication forces me to move on.

Now for the good news. I contacted ThreeFN about getting a Thomas helmet model rendering in SolidWorks. He agreed. I will have this 3D model printed, similarly to his Guy Man helmet. Once it is printed I will use it as a master and make a mold of it. There will be a cutoff of 20 helmets. Please do not contact ThreeFN about getting a cast. He will not be involved in the distribution of the casts. That is my dept., so don't bug him about it. I feel confident that proceeding with this method will produce the best results possible. I will come up with a price for the casts once I get the mold made and have a better idea of what is going to be involved. As it is the list still stands. No one has lost their place and no need to make a new list.

Before making your purchase I will require a physical signature from any potential buyer that will basically state they will not recast the helmet once it is in their possession. This may seem unnecessary, but unfortunately there are people out there who don't have any problems stealing other peoples hard work and then trying to make a profit on it. This is non-negotiable.

All purchases will we be completed with me through PayPal or money order. After your letter and payment have been recieved I will then make you a cast and ship it to you. They will be unfinished casts.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Again please do not contact ThreeFN about these casts. He has nothing to do with this aside from creating the SolidWorks model I will handle all purchasing, shipping and Q&A. I am very excited about this, and can't wait for it to come to life.

Some freq. asked questions.

1. Will it come with a visor?

Yes, I can also tint it for you or leave it clear. Your choice.

2. Will it be a finished helmet?

No. the helmets will be a urethane cast, that will need paint/ chroming, interior padding, visor installed, and possibly some light filler and sanding.

3. Will it come with light's/ LED's?

NO!!!! Feel free to add your own.

4. How will it come, and what is included?

I will ship these either UPS, or USPS with tracking and insurance. You will receive one unfinished cast with a tinted or un-tinted visor. The visor section will already be
    removed by me on the cast.

5. How much does one cast cost?

I have no determined price set as of yet. When things progress further I will be able to develop a price.

6. Can I put down a deposit now, and make payments?

No, I will deal with payment when everything is ready for production, and the full amount will be due in order to process your order. No payments.

7. How do I get one?

Go to the last post where the list was posted for people interested in casts. Highlight and copy the list. Paste the list, and at the bottom add the next consecutive
    number plus your name and the amount you may want. I am limiting 2 casts per person to give others a shot. Also add your email address if you want me to contact
    you via email instead of through pm.

8. How will I know when to make a payment and when everything is ready?

I will try to keep things updated as much as possible on the progress, but when everything is ready to go, I will send you a pm to see if you are still interested. Allowing
    1 week for you to reply. Then I will send you the contract that needs to be signed and mailed to me. After the contract is received I will send you a money request
    for Paypal or a money order/cashiers check, then begin the process of pulling your cast for you. I will then send you the tracking number after I ship.

NOTE: After one week passes and you have not replied your spot in line will be considered forfeited and I will send a message to the next person in line. If you are
    worried you might miss the pm then please add your email address next to your name and amount on the list. I will keep the list updated on this first post to make
    things a bit easier.

If I missed anything or you still have more questions please feel free to ask. Please ask questions in this thread to keep my pm box less full, and so that others may benefit from any additional information I can provide.

Most recent list as of 09/26/11 @ 8:38PM EST

1. Thomas Bangalter x 2
    2. dynamik008 x 1
    3. dyeinbreed x 1
    4. game-genie x 1
    5. acritochromatic x 1
    6. aftershock245 x 1
    7. eflat x 1
    8. xstrychnine x 1
    9. Zambomba x 1
    10. iLoveLampXx x 1
    11. OneMoreFunk x 1
    12. BurnerMan54 x 1
    13. Phififophum x 1
    14. Ryanrls13 x 1
    15. pete x1
    16. BananaWeed x 1
    17. ryanmiles x 1
    18. ctwalrus x 1
    19. Makyo_kun x 1
    20. Muscular rat x 1
    21. Ridley x 1
    22. Teum x 1
    23. BurnerMan54 x 1
    24. FalconNL x 1
    25. Beastman X 1
    26. salgutierrez x 1
    27. Captainyolk x 1
    28. daftpunk619 x 1
    29. shendues x 1
    30. Wheaties466 x 1
    31. dj dekoi x 1
    32. Nynja x 1
    33. machina28 x 2
    34. swellhouse x 2
    35. Bang_Altered x 1
    36. daft punk of justice x 1
    37. Dez79 x 1
    38. Avengeance x1 (email info: email.calvinle@gmail.com Tinted Visor!)
    39. Dei X 1
    40. Herbie x 1 (email info: xherbiex2000@yahoo.com)
    41. mtmelvin x 1
    42. sanborn7 x 1
    43. AreYouDaft?! x 1 (email info: soniccraze99@gmail.com Tinted Visor)
    44. drkstr22 x 1 (email: awsaws2003@hotmail.com tinted visor)
    45. NAGYbomb x 1
    46. Hunt3r x 1 (email: hunterthor275@gmail.com, tinted visor)
    47. Rubot x 1 (email:jimmysussman@gmail.com, tinted visor)
    48. andyval x 1

Any questions ask away.
    Last edited by Rabid Irish; 27th Sep 2011 at 01:38.

2. Rep:

Updated...........

3. Rep:

I dont know, but I think you need permission from Daft Punk to sell this stuff (?).
    And I don't think it's easy to get that kind of permission from them.

Just wanted to let you know!

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Medokin View Post
    I dont know, but I think you need permission from Daft Punk to sell this stuff (?).
    And I don't think it's easy to get that kind of permission from them.

Just wanted to let you know!
    isn't it possible to say it's fanmade?
    €: nevermind selling vs gifting bleh....
    €2: just forget about this post..

5. Rep:

can you post a link to this group so we can see the quality of their casts?

6. Rep:

I will try to get some images of their stuff for you guys, but I prefer not to post their web page. It took me a long time to find this company, and I am not great at giving up my sources.

Let's consider these incomplete fanmade helmets/ art. I have a feeling so few will be made that this not an issue, besides I am not making any profit on this project. I am just trying to give some diehard fans a one time shot at having a quality piece made.

7. Rep:

what's the size of the helmets anyways? I think that's very important! how tall are you?

8. Rep:

They will be one size, you will use more or less padding on the inside to get it to fit snugly. I am 6ft 1in, the helmet will be made proprtional to the original. Meaning that it will be just about the exact same size as the original.

9. Rep:

yay I thought so. I'm more the size of Guy-Manuel.

10. Rep:

Well fan made is one thing but to hire a company to professionally pull replica casts in a bulk order and then sell them on to fans is another. This reeks of copyright infringement to me. Good idea and good intentions but personally I wouldnt touch it.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast