1. Rep:

Want to Buy DP Helmet Casts

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Like the title says I'm looking to buy casts of Thomas and/or Guy Helmets.

My offer right now...

A perfect^ Guy cast $250 shipped
    A perfect^ Thomas Cast $180 shipped

^^This is "perfect" in my mind....not the markets, not other people, and not your mind...just wanted to clear that up :-)

I AM WILLING TO MOVE ON PRICE IF IT IS REASONABLE, SENSIBLE, PRACTICAL, and LEVELHEADED.

***Please supply pictures

I spaced out the lines so it is easier to read......soooo..........STOP GO BACK TO THE TOP AND REREAD.....

2. Rep:

Yo, I am selling my 2 but your prices are too low man, sorry

3. Rep:

they look like crtshctr's work

4. Rep:

prices are fine...might be willing to work if you share what you wanted for them.

But really casts that I have found are in the price ballpark I'm asking for. If you are asking for anything over $300. I'd have to really go over the casts with red pen.

5. Rep:

It will be hard to find "perfect casts" for that price in my opinion. If you want something "perfect" expect to pay more for it. The old saying goes you get what you pay for. Not sure what the price will be on the Thomas casts I am having commisioned but I think they will be at minimum $250. Keeping in mind that I am not making even one dime off of them. Perhaps you will find someone to sell you "perfect casts" for what your willing to pay, but it might take a while. Just my w cents

Pm Gaara and see what he is asking. His helmets look fantastic. Perhaps you could strike a deal. I also have that fixer upper Thomas helmet for sale too.

6. Rep:

I should clear this up...its perfect in my mind. $250 is a very reasonable price for a guy cast (Volpin).

Irish- I understand the old saying and its true you do, but as the economics saying goes it not what you think its worth...its what the market thinks its worth. If someone in here played tournament paintball and I had an Ego 10 (*in my mind the best maker to have) new its $1300...now I wont find anyone to buy it for that price, not even on eBay. So I have to look around and see what people are willing to pay or trade for it. This is no dig or hit toward you but I'm trying to make a point.

I'll pm Gaara and see thanks for the lead.

7. Rep:

i reckon aftershocks right
    no one has alot of disposable money at all

8. Rep:

Very true, however something else you need to consider....

DP helmets are all fan made except for the originals. So one thing to keep in mind is that there is no standard going rate for these fan made specimens. Since I have been doing my research on the helmets I have seen lots and lots of variances in what people are asking for them. A few reasons could be that they take extreme pride in the work that they created, as well as the simple rule of supply and demand. Some people on here have made threads looking for helmets and say they will pay up to $1,000 for each, and others for far less. I don 't think it's impossible to find what your looking for and at the prices you would like to pay for them. However It might be a long arduous search fro you. I am not trying to put you down in any way shape or form, I do however think $150 for a perfect Thomas cast will be mighty hard to find. Some may not agree with me on this, but imo the Thomas helmet is the more difficult of the two to get right. Soooo many angles and shapes to get right, not including all the sanding and finishing work to get it just right. The Guy helmet is mostly visor. Granted it does have some pretty intricate details. But if you can thermoform the visor is no issue.

I wish my Thomas helmets were ready, because it would be exactly what your looking for. If you can wait, and are willing to pay whatever they will cost to make extras then it might be your best bet.

9. Rep:

People that offer $1000 for a helmet without lighting...how many of them really....really will pay that?? $1000 for just a cast?

10. Rep:

Human123-Thank you!

IF ITS LOW FOR YOU GIVE ME A PRICE THEN...sorry if this comes off a little harsh.

and READ WHAT I POSTED!! it is "PERFECT" in my eyes if i see it...like it...I'll say wow thats perfect and buy it....

Now the offer is $180 not $150... I know what you'll think big deal $30... if thats low to you give me an idea as to what you are looking for!

I AM WILLING TO MOVE ON PRICE IF IT IS REASONABLE, SENSIBLE, PRACTICAL, and LEVELHEADED.

Irish- Thank you for the post and attempt to undermine here. I agree in doing research you’ll find many different styles and makes but you’ll find many prices. (I have found some as low as $65 and as high as $2000). Sure you have pride in making them…I hand pride in my Halo Master Chief Helmet and Armor..same thing for my Predator Mask (from Aliens v Predator) and the same can be said for my Iron Man setup(s). Sure you can do the supply and demand but also its what the market is willing to pay. And Yes I can wait an see how these Thomas helmets turnout…I would really like to see. I am looking to get the Guy helmet first and them the Thomas.

Also-

Yes your helmet does look good but $275 (as is)...thats high…for the work that needs to be done. Just to name a few things that need to be done, I would have to rework the top visor (the angle is off), fix the cracks & chips on the top and bottom visor, fix the fracture on the side of the face plate, fix up the ears, I need to make sure that the part where the lens and the bottom of the visor meet are flush with the back of the helmet (fully accurate to what Thomas has), and them re-chrome. There might be more work but I can't tell at this point. I would need to see a full 360 of the helmet. I'm not saying any of this to undermine you at all so please dont think that. This is an investment for myself so I want to make sure everything looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast