Results 101 to 110 of 113
  1. Rep:
    Decipher's Avatar
    Posts
    379
    Points
    908
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Wow...a meme. So you say you've created things that by very definition are intended to spread without attribution, and then blame somebody for not wanting their pepakura design, which takes a heckuva lot more work to make, to not spread and be misattributed.

    Hardly a valid argument.

  2. Rep:
    Posts
    108
    Points
    569
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Quote Originally Posted by LetsFunkOneMoreTime View Post
    I have the design for not only Thomas' helmet by Dung0beetle, I also have Guys' helmet by Dung0beetle also.
    You're a spoiled child, a product of an age in which people think that once a work is digital it becomes public domain. People like you are the reason I don't publish my blueprints. Windows 7 is free? I'm willing to bet you've never created anything worth stealing, because you've certainly never been on the receiving end of a deal like this.

    Moderators are few and far between on this site, as I've seen, but I certainly hope you get banned and your posts are deleted.

  3. Rep:
    DPalive's Avatar
    Posts
    402
    Points
    1,553
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Quote Originally Posted by Volpin View Post
    You're a spoiled child, a product of an age in which people think that once a work is digital it becomes public domain. People like you are the reason I don't publish my blueprints. Windows 7 is free? I'm willing to bet you've never created anything worth stealing, because you've certainly never been on the receiving end of a deal like this.

    Moderators are few and far between on this site, as I've seen, but I certainly hope you get banned and your posts are deleted.
    nice one i agree


    ^^^this^^^

  4. Rep:
    Thomas Bangalter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,564
    Points
    8,281
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ██████████████
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Quote Originally Posted by Volpin View Post
    You're a spoiled child, a product of an age in which people think that once a work is digital it becomes public domain. People like you are the reason I don't publish my blueprints. Windows 7 is free? I'm willing to bet you've never created anything worth stealing, because you've certainly never been on the receiving end of a deal like this.

    Moderators are few and far between on this site, as I've seen, but I certainly hope you get banned and your posts are deleted.
    I think nearly everyone on this site agrees with this reply
    Last edited by Thomas Bangalter; 19th Apr 2011 at 02:12.

  5. Rep:
    Posts
    26
    Points
    130
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    too true!

  6. Rep:
    Dei's Avatar
    Posts
    136
    Points
    451
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets



    I think what everyone wanted to say, has been said.

  7. Rep:
    Agent RayBans's Avatar
    Posts
    1,593
    Points
    9,635
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    That last few pages of this thread encapsulate everything I hate and love about the Daft Club.

    Truly I wish we had a few more mods here on TDC that demonstrated the same maturity that Volpin just did. I feel that instances like the issue at hand here happen all too often, and shouldn't go unpunished.

    I've made it no secret in the past that I feel like the maturity level here on the Daft Club is an issue, and that there is a reason why there are hardly any members over the age of 20+ that post regularly. I'm not saying all young members are bad, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch (and I feel there are more than a few).

    I mean, as I write this, I'm looking to the right and seeing the most popular tag is "Tits or gtfo". What the hell?

  8. Rep:
    daftdarlin's Avatar
    Posts
    90
    Points
    451
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    north. ca.
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent RayBans View Post
    That last few pages of this thread encapsulate everything I hate and love about the Daft Club.

    Truly I wish we had a few more mods here on TDC that demonstrated the same maturity that Volpin just did. I feel that instances like the issue at hand here happen all too often, and shouldn't go unpunished.

    I've made it no secret in the past that I feel like the maturity level here on the Daft Club is an issue, and that there is a reason why there are hardly any members over http://www.thedaftclub.com/2011/04/1...ased-today/the age of 20+ that post regularly. I'm not saying all young members are bad, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch (and I feel there are more than a few).

    I mean, as I write this, I'm looking to the right and seeing the most popular tag is "Tits or gtfo". What the hell?
    but agent arnt they fighting over thom and guys ideas.they first made the helmets so werent people ripping them off?nobody call me stupid or naive either,im just asking a question

  9. Rep:
    Posts
    108
    Points
    569
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Quote Originally Posted by daftdarlin View Post
    nobody call me stupid or naive either,im just asking a question
    Not a stupid question at all. This is sort of a "gray area" when it comes to replica prop work, and one that has had many discussions on many different forums.

    Yes, we are recreating someone else's intellectual property. There are 2 schools of thought here. One is that we are no different from people peddling knockoff Rolex watches - we copy and reap the benefits without the added responsibility of creating the original concept. The second method of thinking is that these are fan created pieces - tributes to people we admire and wish to emulate. Theres no other way of getting these things, so we make our own.

    Ultimately, whether one does this for fun or profit will play a part in what side of the line they land on. Still, its a pretty sticky topic.

    Here's where it gets clearer: Daft Punk sells their music. Its how, as musicians, they make their living. Obtaining the mp3 files without paying for them is theft, cut-and-dry. Distributing their music for free without their permission is the same thing.

    These pep files may not be Dung's bread-and-butter livelihood, but they are his creation; They took time to create, to learn the software, to research and fix and correct and tweak and perfect. To distribute them without his consent is to steal his work. Anyone with a shred of morality can see thats wrong.

  10. Rep:
    MrPinski's Avatar
    Posts
    635
    Points
    1,894
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Default

    Re: Dung0beetle's Daft buckets

    Quote Originally Posted by Volpin View Post
    Not a stupid question at all. This is sort of a "gray area" when it comes to replica prop work, and one that has had many discussions on many different forums.

    Yes, we are recreating someone else's intellectual property. There are 2 schools of thought here. One is that we are no different from people peddling knockoff Rolex watches - we copy and reap the benefits without the added responsibility of creating the original concept. The second method of thinking is that these are fan created pieces - tributes to people we admire and wish to emulate. Theres no other way of getting these things, so we make our own.

    Ultimately, whether one does this for fun or profit will play a part in what side of the line they land on. Still, its a pretty sticky topic.

    Here's where it gets clearer: Daft Punk sells their music. Its how, as musicians, they make their living. Obtaining the mp3 files without paying for them is theft, cut-and-dry. Distributing their music for free without their permission is the same thing.

    These pep files may not be Dung's bread-and-butter livelihood, but they are his creation; They took time to create, to learn the software, to research and fix and correct and tweak and perfect. To distribute them without his consent is to steal his work. Anyone with a shred of morality can see thats wrong.
    But would you agree that when his peps were up for grabs (he was putting them out voluntarily) they could be used any way the fan (us) wanted? I think so. So long as people are not charging for the files themselves or selling ready made and glued together peps for money as I have also seen done here.
    But I guess my argument might be a bit flawed as well... I know when you were selling you blank casts, if someone who bought one from you remolded it and cast them out for profit it would pretty much be the same thing.
    At that point, the only fair thing to do would just to play show and tell and never give out your work?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast