1. Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    New download link is here.

I'm still working on the Guy helmet. I will have that link up as soon as it is finished.

2. Rep:

Very promising. You're right in how it's not perfect by any means, but it's very close. I assume you were working off the Discovery era helmet, am I right?

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
    Very promising. You're right in how it's not perfect by any means, but it's very close. I assume you were working off the Discovery era helmet, am I right?
    This helmet is based off of the HAA touring and promo helmet. Look at the ears and overall visor proportions if you need the proof.

...Don't let the shiny render with the LED text mess with your head. :P

^-^Foxy~>

4. Rep:

Ah, I was going by the size of the visor and the stubby straightness over all. It also looks like the mouth is smiley in all but the piece by piece shot.

5. Rep:

I approve. Now I have a new summer project. Thanks for sharing.

6. Rep:

My word... it's the "legend" himself! The wolf_boy seal of approval is quite prestigious -at least in these parts

7. Rep:

i see a little mistake! (no offense or anything, this model is just pure awesomeness, but for the detail freaks: )
    the nostrils.. they shouldn't hit the "mout area" they should be a bit more upwards (i hope you know what i'm trying to explain :s)
    so don't get me wrong, its just a detail... no offense!

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Akkazento View Post
    i see a little mistake! (no offense or anything, this model is just pure awesomeness, but for the detail freaks: )
    the nostrils.. they shouldn't hit the "mout area" they should be a bit more upwards (i hope you know what i'm trying to explain :s)
    so don't get me wrong, its just a detail... no offense!
    Just don't follow the lines...cut them out yourself where they should be. Just because a pep pattern says you have to do something one way doesn't mean you have to.

^-^Foxy~>

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by foxymcfox View Post
    Just don't follow the lines...cut them out yourself where they should be. Just because a pep pattern says you have to do something one way doesn't mean you have to.

^-^Foxy~>
    yeah but i think its easier to fix this problem on the pc than in the printed version

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Akkazento View Post
    yeah but i think its easier to fix this problem on the pc than in the printed version
    Not at all. How long does it take to cut holes in paper ? Under a minute!

How long would it take to cut the holes with a dremel after you've hardened the model? Under 3 minutes!

How long would it take Dung0Beetle to patch the surface, re-draw the vent holes, trim the shapes/use a boolean difference, re-export, and reunfold the entire model? Hours!

Just don't cut the holes out, then cut them out where you want them after you've hardened the model...it'll also prevent the bucket from deforming as much when you resin it.

Also, just a note to anyone attempting this, the scaling is a little large. So unless your head is the size of a basketball, you're going to want to scale it down a bit.

^-^Foxy~>

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast