1. Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Sorry for the double post, but here is my progress so far on this pep:

The dome is going to test my patience (much like the little ridges around the visor) but I figure it should all be pepped out by Sunday.

^-^Foxy~>

2. Rep:

Intriguing.. I wonder how well it'd shape around a motorcycle half-helmet. The more I think about my endeavour to create a helmet, the more I realize how over my head I am. This is the best pep model of the Thomas helmet I've seen and it could make things a lot easier.

3. Rep:

Quick update:

I'm trying to have the ears done and attached by tonight, but before I add the outer details for the ears I want to make sure I cut a hole in their base and the sides of the helmet so I can fill the ears with Rondo and get them nice and rigid.

This helmet hasn't been terribly difficult (If you're not super comfortable pepping it will be a challenge) it's mostly just been a test of my patience with so many similar pieces and all the tolerances (especially on the dome) needing to be as precise as possible.

Anyone else who wants to attempt this, just take your time! You'll want to rush (I know I do) but resist that urge and you'll have a great looking pep model.

Thanks again to Dung0Beetle!

^-^Foxy~>

4. Rep:

That looks great foxy. I'm about halfway through this model. The ears seem a bit large to me though.

5. Rep:

Thanks, Sporgo. And as to the ears, I'll be shortening mine by about 7mm so they don't stick out quite so far. The rest of the details that are slightly off I'll be correcting during the bondoing stages.

Post your progress, I'd love to see how someone else is doing with this.

^-^Foxy~>

6. Rep:

nice helmet foxy, whats the size like because i seem to remember the last pepakura model being rather small

7. Rep:

Great Job Foxy. I like your Darth Maul Lightsaber/Helmet stand :]

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by al_hitch View Post
    nice helmet foxy, whats the size like because i seem to remember the last pepakura model being rather small
    Thanks! I had to scale this one down, unlike the 20xx helmet. I THINK (Don't quote me on this) I scaled it so the overall height was 250mm (The default is 300 if I'm not mistaken). But honestly, I'd recommend finding a scale that will work right for your head so it will fit you perfectly and appear to be in proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_boy2027 View Post
    Great Job Foxy. I like your Darth Maul Lightsaber/Helmet stand :]
    Thanks, Wolf_Boy, I'm trying to make pack animals everywhere proud.

And I'm glad you noticed my really high tech helmet stand. Once I start hardening I'll put it on the metal stand I built for my clay sculpt, but for now I'm kind of enjoying the Daft Punk/Star War crossover. Maul's lightsaber definitely has an Encore suit feel to it. :P

^-^Foxy~>

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by dung0beetle View Post
    New download link is here.

I'm still working on the Guy helmet. I will have that link up as soon as it is finished.
    how long might this be before its uploaded?, awesome job on the thomas helm by the way, i have high hopes for your guy helmet

10. Rep:

Dungobeetle........hmmmmm Oh yea , I know you , the awesome modeler on 405th.com right ?
    You did a great job , waiting to see the guy model, wich is ( in my opinion ) harder to model and to draw.
    Keep it up
    _______KF
    Edit : Oh i noticed something: there is a smaaaaaall space between the solo nose hole and the mouth plate piece that you forgot ;p
    ( i'm just sayin but anyway lol , its still an epic work )

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast