1. Rep:

Be more hard mods/admins!

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Is it just me or am I the only one who is anoyed about all the "I sell this and that" threads who are (specially) in the Fan-made section?

And it's not just thoese threads, but random threads people create for anything they find about Daft Punk and so on.
    There are already threads you can post links in, why not use them!

Please mods/admins, can't you be more hard about thoese threads?
    At least move them to the lounge or something!?

2. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

sorry about that. i personally have been a bit busy and i think many other mods/admin have been as well.

we can start working on cleaning things up a bit soon. thanks for pointing it out/reminding us, don't forget we're always open to suggestions about how we can better serve our members.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

3. Rep:

Okay, I understand that, it's not like you can me stick the the forum 24/7. :P
    But maybe create a new section for buying/selling threads?

4. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

we'll take a look and see how many of these threads exist, if there's enough to warrant a new forum we'll look into it. from my experience of them, though, i have a feeling that there probably aren't enough, and we're more likely to just lock/clean up the old threads to make things easier.

just a reminder to everyone else, though, if you see a thread that should be moved or locked that we haven't noticed, you can always report it to us by using the report feature. that way it's guaranteed to be taken care of.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

5. Super Moderator
    Rep:

hmm. i guess this means i should probably be looking in the fan made section for once... XD

but yeah. also remember that its the end of the school year/finals time, so those of us still in school and cramming for exams (like me) are kinda preoccupied =/

either way, to talk about specifically the random threads being created about dp- i have noticed a slight increase in them, and was thinking of doing something, but if there is a thread that's really not doing any harm or isn't repeating a previously posted topic, then its okay in my book. if things start to get out of hand or too many random threads are created, something can always be done.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

6. Rep:

Obviously I am one of the people you are complaining about. If there was a subforum for buying, selling, and trading daft punk items I would use it. The group of people who actively build and sell Daft Punk items is so small that I cant see how it is really causing you any harm. I know of only three other people besides myself that actually sell helmets and related items.

I have enjoyed building my helmets and it is only natural that I want to sell a few. That way I can share my work with the people here and I can use the proceeds to continue my projects.

If my threads have offended you in some way please accept my apologies. I try to keep my new threads to a minimum by posting updates in ones I have already had going.

7. Rep:

You got me wrong, I don't get offended by thoese threads, they are just anoying because I think they dont belong in the Fan-Made section.

And Im not only taking about the sell/buy threads, but also just random threads people create when they can use already started threads that works fine to post what they created a new thread for.

I hope you understand what I mean! :P