1. Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    A lot of the french artists out here, are really friendly and will always talk to you. TPR and I have talked a bit ( I take it you like his stuff from your profile pic.), and he's always been super friendly. All the artists big or otherwise, have been in your shoes at some point, so don't hesitate to message them on myspace or msn. I'm always around to help if you need (jakedecoteau@hotmail.com on msn messenger), although I make more electro house, and I'm sure Earl Grey and others on this thread would have no prob at all in helping you if you need it, just depends if we can help you or not, based on what software you use :P

2. Rep:

You should try to learn an instrument that fits you. You can learn a lot from that.

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    yeah i'm pretty terrible. i think i might try getting the most out of ableton by itself and if it has any limitations to what i'm trying to do i'll consider going down this road again! Thanks for saving me some money guys!
    Not to ruin that that money save-thing, I can't play on keyboard, but I've got a Novation Launchpad, and that's pretty awesome to use as a midi-keyboard, effects and controller. And it's pretty cheap (:
    It've helped my music production A LOT !
    we did not choose to become robots. there was an accident in our studio. we were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on september 9, 1999, it exploded. when we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots.

4. Rep:

if you need help, hit me up @
    earlgreyofficial@yahoo.com(that goes for the rest of yas 2)

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Magna View Post
    TPR and I have talked a bit ( I take it you like his stuff from your profile pic.), and he's always been super friendly.
    Woah are you serious?! He's definitely been one of my major influences. Is he here on TDC? Advice from Tony would be like pure gold for me

p.s. Love your work Magna!

Quote Originally Posted by DJvCitro View Post
    I've got a Novation Launchpad, and that's pretty awesome to use as a midi-keyboard, effects and controller. And it's pretty cheap (:
    It've helped my music production A LOT !
    I was looking at the Launchpad a few days ago with a friend actually. But then i thought that learning my DAW was going to be hard enough and adding another interface to work with at this stage of my learning would only cause me more stress!

but if it's as good as you say it is i'll definitely be looking into it down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlGrey View Post
    if you need help, hit me up @
    earlgreyofficial@yahoo.com(that goes for the rest of yas 2)
    Judging by the quality of 'Love in Mind' you bet i will be

6. Rep:

Don't try to imitate other producers in any way. There is way too much of that lately. Try and be unique as opposed to "just another one of those thousand aspiring french house dudes".

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by CuBuLo View Post
    Don't try to imitate other producers in any way. There is way too much of that lately. Try and be unique as opposed to "just another one of those thousand aspiring french house dudes".
    I completely agree. Sorry if i've portrayed myself like that with anything i've said. It would reduce me to tears if i turned out to be mimicking other artists, with or without being aware of it.

Personally I think that's one of the main reasons french house in particular has never received a wider audience; many people would think it sounds the same song after song, mostly due to those 'imitaters' trying to achieve a similar sound in their own tracks.

8. Rep:

Woah are you serious?! He's definitely been one of my major influences. Is he here on TDC? Advice from Tony would be like pure gold for me
    I don't think TPR is here on TDC, but we do have the likes of Louis la Roche and deadmau5 here . Tony is a really nice dude, and I bet he'd talk to you on myspace if you asked him for tips on how to get started.

p.s. Love your work Magna!
    Also, thanks!

9. Rep:

I was looking at the Launchpad a few days ago with a friend actually. But then i thought that learning my DAW was going to be hard enough and adding another interface to work with at this stage of my learning would only cause me more stress!

but if it's as good as you say it is i'll definitely be looking into it down the track.
    I didn't used Ableton before I got the Launchpad. That helped me a lot with learning the software (:
    we did not choose to become robots. there was an accident in our studio. we were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on september 9, 1999, it exploded. when we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12