Tags:
updates
  1. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Updated Social Media Links

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    The social media links on all thread pages have been updated. You can now find them at the top just under the thread title, and near the bottom under the quick reply box.

You can use the links to share the thread on various social networks. Loads of new ones have been introduced, but if there are any we've missed let us know and we might be able to add them, send an email to admin[at]thedaftclub.com

You can now also quickly subscribe and unsubscribe from the links.
    "It's Daft Punk's world. We Just live in it"

Daft Punk - My Favourite | Hire Me to make a website

2. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Re: Update List

When viewing the achievement list you can now see if you've unlocked each achievement. If you have it will not appear faded and you'll see a little tick icon in the bottom right. The one's that are faded back and have a lock icon are the ones you still have left to unlock!

3. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Re: Update List

To help promote some of the other features we have on offer we are adding some auto links on certain keywords. This means that for certain phrases and keywords within posts you'll see a link appearing that will take you off to another part of the site to explore more. They will be on things like album names or other related stuff. Don't worry, they will only ever take you to another page on the Daft Club, so it's not mindless advertising!

Recognizing Keyword Link
    You'll be able to spot an automatically generate link as it will look slightly different to other links, it'll be dotted underneath, rather than a solid underline.
    Here's a normal link to a page: Discovery
    Here's an auto link to a page: Discovery

If You Really Don't Like Them
    Hopefully they have been added in a way that doesn't intrude too much... However if you would prefer to view the site with them turned off you can do so. If you visit you settings page there's an option under the Thread Viewing settings to turn them off.
    Last edited by Spud in Disguise; 2nd Nov 2011 at 22:56.

4. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Updated site search to run on Google search engine

Following several complaints I have switched the search facility on the Daft Club to use the Google search engine. You can still search the site in the same way as before (using the search box in the top right corner of the page) but hopefully now the results will be far more useful than before!

The search box is also included on non-forum pages, which means that for the first time you can search the entire site and it's content, rather than the old model which you could either search just the forum, or just everything else!

You may still access the dedicated forum search if you wish by viewing the advanced forum search page.

Please post up any comments, questions or report any issues in our search thread.

5. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Launched articles section

We have a new repository for all the best Daft Punk info - our new articles section! Over the next few months we are hoping to build this up as a great resource of interesting and fun information on Daft Punk.

There are a few things already in there, but other topics may include guides on building your own helmet, trivia and facts plus more!

We are open to suggestions for new articles or features, so if you have something you think would work well in the section please let us know!

6. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Repeat Reputation Limit & Achievement Bug Fix

The limit on how many people you have to give reputation to in between giving to the same person again has been removed. For example, previously if I gave reputation to Piroteki I would have to award it to 10 other people before I could give her some more.

In addition the 'You be the Judge' achievement has been fixed. There was a bug that meant that if you had already given more than 1 reputation point away when the Digital Love System was introduced you were not given the achievement. Everyone who has earned it should now have it!

7. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Search result page

The containing grey boxes around the search results have been removed.
    Last edited by Spud in Disguise; 31st Dec 2011 at 21:54.

8. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Music Page Update

The music/discography page has been updated to include a cover flow. For now only albums are featured, as before.

View page

9. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Like a post

It is now possible to like a post, in the same way you can on Facebook.

To like a thread click on the 'like' icon in the bottom left corner of the post (directly below the user infor column). Your name will be displayed beneath the post, registering your support.

Unlike
    Once you've liked a thread you can go back an unlike it in the same way, should you want to withdraw support at any time.

Liking a thread will impact on the recipient users reputation. If you click like on a user's post they will recieve reputation.

Restrictions
    To use this feature you must be logged in, and it is not possible to like your own posts.

10. Founder of The Daft Club
    Rep:

Replaced Album Pages

5 of the revamped and updated album pages have been launched you can see them on the Daft Punk music page, or get to them directly:

Any comments, or contributions with facts, trivia or quotes please PM me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast