1. Rep:

Re: TRON: F4NK0NF1GUR3D - An idea for a new project

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Here are the stems again (The Grid, End of Line, Derezzed) if anyone needs them:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/oViRQ7ga/tron_272.html

Bonus useful stuff:
    The fireworks music (drums) from the movie:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...es%20Intro.mp3

Unreleased track "Sam descends to Grid":
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0to%20Grid.mp3

Unreleased track "Rectifier Arrival":
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Arrival.mp3

Computerized (remastered by me):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mputerized.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    I would LOVE to re-do mine. And maybe the other three I said I would do now that I have some of the stems.
    Good idea! I guess we don't really need a deadline yet but we can agree on finishing this so just go ahead and make what you feel like making.

Quote Originally Posted by Up Your Fidelity View Post
    I am up for anything.
    It seems it was backed by TDC so I'd love to see it finished.
    Also since it seems like this is starting up again I did a little edit of Encom part 1
    https://soundcloud.com/up-your-fidel...s-half-an-edit
    if there are flaws someone tell but since as it seems this may now get finishded I hope it make the cut.
    NOTE: it is an edit not a remix.
    I like it, but it's not really very different from the original. There should probably be something new in it that makes it stand out from the original soundtrack. It doesn't have to be much, just listen to Daft Punk's remix of Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand. Production wise there are a few issues. Did you use a lossless sample? It sounds a bit dull in the high end. Also there seems to be a bit of time stretching artefacts or something like that that lowers the quality of the sound. Some cuts are not quite seamless either, there's a bit of silence between samples in a few places and a rough cut in the middle of the song. It needs some more work I think, and I don't know if it will work on a remix album. But as an edit it's pretty nice.
    Last edited by Ridley; 11th Jan 2015 at 12:40.

2. Rep:

Aw schucks. I'm new to all this stuff so I worked with what I had. I knew wouldn't be able of a full remix so I tried an edit instead thinking it would be pretty straight forward to change the structure of a song. Looks like I do have work to do but I'm not sure I'd be able to up my skills enough to produce an actual edit/remix for this album which is bad for me.
    But anyways it nice to know someone vaguely thought what I made was ok XD.

3. Rep:

Aw schucks. I'm new to all this stuff so I worked with what I had. I knew wouldn't be able of a full remix so I tried an edit instead thinking it would be pretty straight forward to change the structure of a song. Looks like I do have work to do but I'm not sure I'd be able to up my skills enough to produce an actual edit/remix for this album which is bad for me.
    But anyways it nice to know someone vaguely thought what I made was ok XD.
    It's no fun letting you down, sorry! Just do your own thing and let things take their time and sooner or later you'll be making great tracks. Anyway I'm really glad you brought up this project again, it would've been forgotten if it weren't for you!

4. Rep:

I feel honoured!

Also does anyone know of any where I could look online for tips on remixing on editing. Or is it must just a thing of experiencing it to learn it.
    Last edited by Up Your Fidelity; 11th Jan 2015 at 18:22.

5. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  6. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Also does anyone know of any where I could look online for tips on remixing on editing. Or is it must just a thing of experiencing it to learn it.

When you remix something, take the stems and imagine you had created those sounds yourself. What would you do with them?

7. Rep:

Hmm that honestly has opened me up quite a bit thanks!

8. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  9. Rep:

Nice one! I was working on a cover too, here's my first go at it:

I don't know any certain place that's especially good to look in but search for tutorials (videos or articles) on the program you use and try out the things you learn in different ways. And play around a lot, just try things and see what happens.

And about remixes, another tip like the one STR@NG3R gave: if you have stems, instead of using them all, try using one or a few and add something new instead. Such as a song stem with a new melody under it, or removing synths and adding piano, etc. If you're using a full song with no stems available, try to just pick out a few sections and use them in a new way. If you're remixing a song based on samples, hunt down the original song that was sampled and sample it again, but in your own way.
    Last edited by Ridley; 11th Jan 2015 at 23:46.

10. Like Up Your Fidelity likes this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678