1. Rep:

Feeler: Guy Manuel Casts

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Would anyone be interested in buying a helmet cast from me? I am just gauging people's interest in this. I built this helmet off of the pep from torsoboy and resized it to fit my body I am 5' 10" and 175lbs for you to get an idea of it's size. I am not set on a final price but I will be selling the casts only. Making shields for people is just too complicated and I am not good enough at it to make it perfect every time so I don't want to get into that aspect of if. I am still building it so this is just to give you an idea of what it will look like. I have made ear cones for it that are going in tomorrow or the day after. Here are the pics.

2. Rep:

Re: Feeler: Guy Manuel Casts

If you were selling Thomas casts, I'd go for them! For these Guy Man casts, are you going with the Smooth-On approach for casting them?

3. Rep:

I may be casting my Thomas helmet too. I wanna start with this one though. I will be hand slushing these in modeling resin.

4. Rep:

I am definitely interested in this cast, and very impressed with your work!
    Any rough ideas on how much you'd like to sell it for ?
    :]

5. Rep:

Igor, I would be, price depending. Saves me a lot of time I dont have.

6. Rep:

I may depending on price

7. Rep:

Looks good. The problem is... how much?
    ♥ ∞ M

8. Rep:

interested on seeing a price; and when you say "shield" you mean no visor right?

9. Rep:

You might want to calculate up all the material/time costs before you give any price quotes. Between casting, demolding, trimming, packaging and shipping it will become much more of a time investment than you may be anticipating. I can tell you that for every twenty people who express interest perhaps one actually goes through with it. You will also be inundated with tons of repetitive questions and scores of requests that you build a complete with electronics for $100. There are many things that can go wrong so don't make the same mistake I did of promising too much too soon.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by sporgo View Post
    You might want to calculate up all the material/time costs before you give any price quotes. Between casting, demolding, trimming, packaging and shipping it will become much more of a time investment than you may be anticipating. I can tell you that for every twenty people who express interest perhaps one actually goes through with it. You will also be inundated with tons of repetitive questions and scores of requests that you build a complete with electronics for $100. There are many things that can go wrong so don't make the same mistake I did of promising too much too soon.
    Thanks for the advice man. I am just trying to get a feel of how many people would want one. I won't sell one until I complete my helmet with lighting. And if enough people want them, I may be able to go a bit cheaper. And I am not entertaining $50-100 offers at all, that's just offensive because of the time needed to make these things and the money it costs to produce one model and mold/cast it. A big reason why I am offering these to anyone that wants one is because I am going to be making one for myself and it just seems a waste not to finish out the gallon of resin I bought. I was told that I should be able to pull about 4-6 casts from the 1 gallon so why not right?

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast