1. Rep:

Just starting

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    My plan is in the next few monthes complete a guy manuel costume replicating near close to alive 2007. I'm looking to do the whole el wire and jacket.

So i'm half way done with the 15 pages of papercraft of the helmet then going to resin and fiberglass it, cut mask for front and rear shields to then place hot glass over and let it form.

My question though for people who are expeirenced and have done this. Where would be the best place to find a jacket, pants, and bunch of red 2.5mm el wire for cheap? also what kind of driver should i get for the el wire?

thanks,
    Timinsk

2. Rep:

Re: Just starting

Wow sounds like a project, Sorry, i don't know much about these type of projects but i wish you luck and welcome to the club
    //*******//∆\\*******\\

Who needs a fancy signature anyways???

3. Rep:

Ebay's a good starting place to look for jackets, but Magnoli Clothiers makes very good replicas of the real ones! They're a bit on the pricy side though.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/punk...ers-p-346.html

For EL Wire, you could try googling for some online EL distributor shops like http://www.elwireonline.com/

You can find a lot of info on what drivers you can use online. I went with a 12V driver for powering my wire. Also, I've never heard of anyone using hot glass to form the visors. Wouldn't that be a little too fragile?

4. Rep:

Hot glass is very sturdy my other option was plexi glass, still debating. i'm still trying to research a bit.

Thanks for the help. I've been constantly looking on ebay, cant find the right jacket that best suits this one for cheap.. Any chance you know of close resemblance jackets like this one?

Thanks again for the help

5. Rep:

Think I found a jacket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm going to have to unstitch all the patched but looks like a good base to work off for the price. I was hoping to find this type of jacket cheaper without patched :\ but its near impossible..

Also what kind of pants did guy manuel have on?...

6. Rep:

Leather pants.

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Timinsk View Post
    Think I found a jacket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm going to have to unstitch all the patched but looks like a good base to work off for the price. I was hoping to find this type of jacket cheaper without patched :\ but its near impossible..

Also what kind of pants did guy manuel have on?...
    For under $50, yeah. Impossible. Plus, I'd be willing to be for that price it's probably the worst quality leather you can find. It's even "quilted" so they could cut out most of imperfections. Taking the patches off would make it even worse as you'd have big outlines of them made of holes.

Would I buy that if I were going as a biker for Halloween? Maybe.
    Would I buy that if I were going as daft punk for Halloween? Hell no.

8. Rep:

I don't have $500+ to make a perfect daft punk costume... I'm trying to do what i can. As much as id like to get a exact replica i can't. I'll probably hit up a goodwill store today and check what they have.

9. Rep:

Oh no doubt, but I'm sure there are better ones out there for under $100.

10. Rep:

Even if theyre pleather, as long as it looks just about right its what matters to me

By the way, for the leather pants are there any other types of pants i could buy thatre about the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast