1. Rep:

Guy-man Tron WIP

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I've been working on my guy-man helmet since about February. I'm going to go get some more supplies to move forward on it (bondo, sandpaper, spot putty, and maybe rubber silicone).

I was hoping I could get some tips before I screw up my helmet. Same style as the user Dei. He's given me some tips, but I'm sure it'd be really useful for other people to give me tips.

Here's my progress so far. http://www.flickr.com/photos/57812246@N05/ sorry that it's out of order. Flikr doesn't like me.

I need to get some more pics and upload them. I've fiberglassed the inside and am ready to bondo

2. Rep:

Re: Guy-man Tron WIP

Looking good so far. Once its done, i'm sure it'll be just right keep on going with the updates bro.
    //*******//∆\\*******\\

Who needs a fancy signature anyways???

3. Rep:

Well, I just encountered a problem. My mom doesn't want me to spend more money on my helmet until she know how much I can make (if any) from a cast of my helmet. So tell me, what would you pay to get one (based on current pics)

4. Rep:

eh, its a bit lumpy right now. its hard to say. Who says you need to cast one anyways? Just build one for yourself.

5. Rep:

yeah unless you want to make a profit of these you will need to have a good list of ppl intrested i suggest you make a list!!

6. Rep:

it's really impossible to tell until you're finished with the bondo/sanding stage. honestly just looking at it now it's only so-so. also i don't know if you planned on making a mold/casting anyways, but that in itself is an expensive process.

anyways, i totally understand. when i made my first helmet my whole family thought i was crazy due to the amount of time/money i spent on it.
    Last edited by ohmseven; 10th May 2011 at 15:46.

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Teese View Post
    eh, its a bit lumpy right now. its hard to say. Who says you need to cast one anyways? Just build one for yourself.
    well, like i said, i actually need to make a profit if i am to go further as I am living with my mom (not old enough to move out) and she has said i cannot spend anymore money on supplies unless I make a profit. And besides, I know that at least two of my friends want some. And I've put some new pictures on Flikr

8. Rep:

Unless they're made really well, the harsh reality is that you likely won't make a profit as they wouldn't sell.

9. Rep:

If I can give you a word of advice here... Don't bondo all at once!!! Go section by section and you will get much better results. Check out my tron build and you will see parts that I messed up on and redid in new ways. Learn from my mistakes man. It's worth the time.
    http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/sho...RON-Helmet-WIP
    Last edited by MrPinski; 16th May 2011 at 08:41.

10. Rep:

during the bondo stage, it's easier to take out the inside of the ear because it's very difficult to sand in the recess. you can always reattach them later.
    Last edited by ohmseven; 16th May 2011 at 08:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast