1. Rep:

My First Ever Helmet Build - Thomas

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hi guys,

I have been recently asking some questions in this part of the forum and took on advice, and some tips I've read about here already in helping me to get to this stage so far...thank You so much.

I took this before I finished sanding, and then put on a third coat of Isopon hardener (Bondo) today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/entropi...ream/lightbox/

If You guys want to tell me if it looks good/bad or if anything should be improved upon, it would be good The reason the ears have the outsides not covered up, is that I'm going to use a clear plastic dome covering there, and insert some LED's on the inside I found on the underside of some plastic drinking glasses on the inside.

And here is a link to the image set so far, more will be put there as the project proceeds: Link

I only include links as I do not know how to link images here (does not work for me somehow).

2. Rep:

Re: My First Ever Helmet Build - Thomas

not bad for a first try...waay better than my first build...I think you should have the upper and lower visors flush...your bottom chin piece extends to forward. Bring it back and it should be flushed. check out some thomas pics to see what im talking about. Also try to use thin coats of bondo in between shaping or else you are going to spend a lot of time sanding un even spots.
    Last edited by HumanShortCircuit; 31st Jul 2011 at 04:56.

3. Rep:

I agree. That's one big jutting chin there, and you're going to have a hell of a time sanding down that rough bondo. But who am I to judge as mine has been sitting at 85% or so for almost a year. :P

4. Rep:

Yeah...The visor doesn't really lean forwards like it would with this. Good job though!

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

5. Rep:

I've seen where You guys pointed out some flaws in the build so far, and I'm currently working to re-adjust the look of the helmet. Thank You Lets hope this goes well, I wont have much time to work on it after 2 more weeks, so full steam ahead!!

6. Rep:

bring the jaw back a little, and extend the upper visor outward and you're all set

7. Rep:
    Thumbs up

I've had to bump this up a few pages, but I've had very little time to update/upload any stuff online, apologies But, on the other hand, I've finished my project, and I'm really happy with it I've updated the original link with new photos of progress too

This is before the costume was finished, just after doing the tint on my visor and hot glue-ing it in to place:

Image376 by Entropi1, on Flickr
    And this here is the finished costume, only completed a few hours ago:

Image393 by Entropi1, on Flickr

It was a sort of budget build, total of around 180 euro spent on everything (jacket was around 70 euros as I will wear this again and again in future), and definitely did not have enough time to make it better...but roll on Halloween!! Thanks to Daft Punk, and you guys for inspiration, it'll be a good one!

8. Rep:

Oh, I forgot to mention, that I placed some LED lights in the ears as planned, with a clear plastic covering, and a scrolling LED text bar courtesy of an LED belt buckle...these were off for these pics.

9. Rep:

One more little update: I went ahead and made a basic tutorial video lol. It's nothing special, just something I threw together in Sony Vegas, but will hopefully give some people a headstart as what is required in terms of materials etc.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by entropi View Post
    hi guys,

i have been recently asking some questions in this part of the forum and took on advice, and some tips i've read about here already in helping me to get to this stage so far...thank you so much.

I took this before i finished sanding, and then put on a third coat of isopon hardener (bondo) today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/entropi...ream/lightbox/

if you guys want to tell me if it looks good/bad or if anything should be improved upon, it would be good the reason the ears have the outsides not covered up, is that i'm going to use a clear plastic dome covering there, and insert some led's on the inside i found on the underside of some plastic drinking glasses on the inside.

And here is a link to the image set so far, more will be put there as the project proceeds: link

i only include links as i do not know how to link images here (does not work for me somehow).
    ive seen your youtube vdieo whats your channel again