1. Rep:

Making a Guy Manuel Helmet for halloween using a motorcycle helmet

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    There are only a few days until Halloween and I decided to make a Guy Manuel helmet I've gone over countless how to videos and I've decided the quickest way would be to use a motorcycle helmet. I purchased a glossy black helmet off amazon masked it up last night and am applying the gold paint today. Any tips would be appreciated I'll post pics as I go along I'm thinking of just using a mounted led belt buckle inside the visor for the lights definitely not as cool as other ones I've seen online but the lighting seems to be one of the hardest parts of the process and I'm short on time.

2. Rep:

Re: Making a Guy Manuel Helmet for halloween using a motorcycle helmet

Hit a little snag yesterday when applying the clear coat the helmet hit the backdrop causing the paint to run and really look like crap. I ran to home depot yesterday to pick up sand paper paint thinner and rags I took the paint off sanded it down and now I'm back to square one I haven't decided what I'm going to do when it gets time for the clear coat phase I'm hoping maybe I just didn't let it dry enough which would account for the sealant going right thru the paint job.