1. Rep:

One More Time: Our Love/Hate Relationship

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    So "One More Time" was one of the first DP songs I heard (the first being Digital Love and the second being Around the World); at first listen, I loved it. I continued loving it for quite a while until...I absolutely hated it. I don't know what it was (boredom perhaps), but --- with the exception of its use in Alive 2007 --- I really couldn't stand to listen to it. Then, just about a week ago, I played it and suddenly fell in love all over again. Ever since then, I've been listening to it everyday...

(not sure why I posted this - boredom I guess )
    Pasta!

2. Moderator
    Rep:

Re: One More Time: Our Love/Hate Relationship

I think dedicated fans of any artist can have trouble accepting "that one track everybody knows", in part because they themselves may have known it for a long time before they were introduced to the rest of the work and therefore see it as more of a standalone track. "One hits" take on a life of their own (I should know, I'm a Deee-Lite fan. You know... the ones who did "Runaway"? No?).

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Champiness

It's a sign.

3. Rep:

That's any song you listen to "too much," seems like. lol The age old line going from liking it somewhat, to loving it, to being in love with it, to getting sick of it, to hating it, to not listening to it for a while and forgetting about it, to rediscovering it and starting the process all over again. Along with what Champ said of course. lol
    Check out my Youtube gaming channel if you happen to be interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/RefMr
    And follow me here: https://twitter.com/RefMr

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Referee View Post
    That's any song you listen to "too much," seems like. lol The age old line going from liking it somewhat, to loving it, to being in love with it, to getting sick of it, to hating it, to not listening to it for a while and forgetting about it, to rediscovering it and starting the process all over again. Along with what Champ said of course. lol
    I have gone through this exact process with most of my music. The love of music is a very complicated relationship, but it's definitely worth the effort of fighting thru thick and thin.

Music is the passion that unites the world

5. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

it's aight.

never was a super beloved track or a disliked one.

i like it, but unless i'm losing my **** because some DJ just dropped it and OMFGASGAGHWARHAWHDAFTPUNKTHISISMYTUUUUUUUUNNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!!1111
    or other similar situation, it's kind of just alright. it has a fair chance of getting skipped if it comes up on shuffle depending on my mood. lol
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

6. Like something awesome likes this post
  7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    it's aight.

i like it, but unless i'm losing my **** because some DJ just dropped it and OMFGASGAGHWARHAWHDAFTPUNKTHISISMYTUUUUUUUUNNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!!1111
    or other similar situation, it's kind of just alright. it has a fair chance of getting skipped if it comes up on shuffle depending on my mood. lol
    haha. going on my sig. Yeah and, I mean the track can be overplayed but I just have trouble saying any track by daft punk is on i hate/dont like.

unless i'm losing my **** because some DJ just dropped it and OMFGASGAGHWARHAWHDAFTPUNKTHISISMYTUUUUUUUUNNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!!1111
    lol

8. Like piroteki likes this post
  9. Rep:

it's aight.

lmao gurrrl you read my mind!
    Don't worry, a lot of the mainstream songs of my fav bands/artists gets skipped now and then because I hear them on the radio every five minutes, literally. It just depends on the mood I guess. That plus you could have phases of liking something in particular like I do :3
    Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

10. Like piroteki likes this post
  11. Rep:

When somebody says "I don't like this song", I say "Yeah, it's not their best." But when somebody says "I love this song!" I'll say "OMG Me too!"

If I were to rate the song from a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a... 7.99999 repeating. :|