1. Rep:

Re: My first Bucket - Thomas w/Guy in progress!

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    yeah my boots are the patent chelsea boots, they dont have a seam down the front though. The armour i got second hand so i had to refit it, the previous owner was more portly than myself so the thighs were the biggest problem, he'd spread them wide then shimmed them so i had so major trimming to do and as a result my thighs dont have the correct overlap at the back

2. Rep:

I can send you a link for some good Tkboots, that are all leather and perfect for the highest accuracy marks. I love my pair.

Also replied to your PM's.

UPDATE on DAFT PUNK!

-Guy Manuel bucket-
    • getting sanded down from the rattle can paintjob used for a Con. Contacted Gary at Creations'n'Chrome and having my father prep and send the bucket to get chromed! (I am stuck at the military academy so my abilities to work on projects are done through the computer and emails. Tedious but possible.) He came highly recommended from the builders I asked. He is a great guy to work with.
    • I am also ordering a new visor, because when I attempted, naively, to use hot glue to put the visor on, it had adverse effects with the plastic. I am fraustrated by the advice I got to do that, but this means I get another shot make a shiny visor.
    • Did research on the lighting off bucket, still confused but tracked down what I will need. Doing that will be a adventure, but provide alot of ample lessons in lighting that can be used for future prop projects. Nothing bought and in my hands yet, but thanks to the plethora of fantastic builds out there, many pictures have been saved!

-LEATHER JUMP SUIT-
    • Using patterns from awesome God Save the Queen's Fashion, Cathy provide some great skematics. With these I have through research assembled what I will need to create the iconic costume.
      -Lambskin, about 66 feet.
      -400 conical silver studs
      -40 Denier Tricot Black Liner (10 years)
      -12 nickel snaps
      -Tandy Leather buckles (2x 1 1/2" roller buckles and a 1x 2" buckle for the pants)
      -8x YKK #5 nickel 7" Closed End Zippers (debating on getting larger #7 zipper for the 24" of the main seperating zipper for putting the jacket on. Either if #5 or #7 the main zipper must be a seperating zipper)
      -Zipper Pulls, the correct shape of the pulls do not come standard on the zippers, so I am ordering #5 long tab and square tabs, 4 of each, both nickel plated.
      -Grommets for the belt buckles to function and make the jacket tighter. A dozen is more than enough, just ensure you have a grommet tool!

Luckily I have a member in my garrison who is doing this FOR me. The list above is merely the supplies, and I suspect I might need more. It's great because I have NO equipment to make a costume of this scale, much less sew...I make things outta white plastic!

-Thomas Bucket-
    • Nothing new here, I didn't have time over my short break to fiddle with it. Still needs bondo, but I am suprised how well the cardstock holds up once fiberglassed, it's tough and definitely added some heft! I foolishly cut out the visor, so I need to pep a new one so down the road my buddy who makes Iron Man bits and helmets can cast my bucket for me. Now that is exciting to think about!

If you have any tips, or if something is amiss LEMME know! I want this to be a damn fine build, especially after the dough put into it. Great thing is that by doing this you learn alot of things for the first time, and that experiance is invaluable.

Here's the kicker, any leads on shoes? I am assuming they are high tops but anyone have GOOD source pictures?
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

3. Rep:

The shoes are definitely custom adidas, closest match would be all black leather hi adidas superstars or all black leather adidas nizza. Superstars in all black are a possible find, the nizza doesn't come in all black or with the correct leather. The Miadidas site does let you configure a leather, all black (except for the piping trim around the sole, which could be coloured in with a marker) Nizza. The leather is much softer than that of the superstar though. Superstars will be the closest find is basically what i'm getting at...

4. Rep:

Post pics when you find a pair, I will follow suit with what your going with...thanks man!
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

5. Rep:

like i stated before, these are what I have

They are the closest I have found.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bangalter View Post
    like i stated before, these are what I have

They are the closest I have found.
    Those are nice!

7. Rep:

I almost want to say I saw these in the mall here in Vermont a couple of days ago. The picture helps a ton. Thanks Thomas! I wasn't a hundred percent sure but next time I will nab them, I need a new pair of high tops anyways, I am getting tired of my Belleville issued boots.
    Last edited by TK-9336; 5th Apr 2012 at 02:14.

8. Rep:

Glad I could help!

9. Rep:

Do you know what model those are TB?

10. Rep:

Necro post because I need to update my thread with VERY bittersweet news.

My beloved Pinski Guy-man suffered a accident with paint thinner and now needs quite a bit of bondo'ing to be a helmet by my standards. I do not have such bondo skills and I think if I tinker with it anymore I will make this salvagable only as a Zombie Daft Punk helmet. That said I am selling it as is with the tinted visor and cut out cast visor. If anyone wants to take a shot, I will sell them as a duo (my Thomas too.)

561715_4533106122902_1282295312_n by TK9336, on Flickr Before the thinner (all I had to do is remove the laquer based paint...)

404158_4533100562763_583367314_n by TK9336, on Flickr Innocently sitting there doing it's thang.

252418_4533096842670_1268509226_n by TK9336, on Flickr NO! GOD NO! PLEASE...GOD NO!

Want to see the rest of the carnage? Follow on-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5112223...7631546750602/

My Thomas needs alot of sanding and honestly I don't even want to bother with it. I will literally sell both as a pair if you are brave enough to make them something, otherwise they will become zombie costumes for a Zombie Daft Punk duo. Please, don't let me do that!

377842_4533115083126_1951598028_n by TK9336, on Flickr Now imagine these helmets all cut up and painted with rust chips, and blood. Or perhaps you who wants these do the same thing...

On a lighter note, I have a LED kit on the way from Tekparasite, and my Adidas Top Tens (picture in the thread posted by TB) are in the mail. My custom DP Discovery leather suit is also nearing completion with the jacket getting done by Halloween and the pants in December. My glove handplates are going well too. Pics tomorrow for the gloves and shoes when they arrive as well as the LED kit.

All in all I think I just might buy two of MrPinski's casts. I am at all time low right now. I don't even know what to charge for either helmet, so much blood, sweat, tears and money invested in both. Any dime I make will be going towards new buckets.

How about that for a update? :'(

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast