1. Rep:

Re: Want to Buy a Daft Punk Helmet

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dufunk View Post
    No, I knew the guy, what he did, and where he did it. I'm an entirely different individual. I'm not him.
    Like I said, we made it from scratch, but were running out of time to make them, and we got a lot of these from a guy in Minnesota off Craigslist. So yes, a lot of these are Firewire's we originally planned to have a few hundred people wear these for a party, but we couldn't finish them in time with all the lights and paint.
    Okay first, you could at least spell my state's name right. Second, what's all this "I'm not him" and then saying "we"? Third, if you intended a few hundred people to wear these, what are you doing selling raw casts? I'd also like to mention that building something from scratch, building something from pepakura, and buying raw casts from Craigslist are all very different things. The problem with people who tell lies is they can't remember what they've said. I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm NOT saying I believe this is everything there is to it. If you made all of these, and you were just using Volpin's and Firewire's pictures until "yours were finished", then you wouldn't mind showing us pictures? If you're selling these, they're obviously finished. Try to maintain some consistency.
    Last edited by Ice Cream Kid; 15th Mar 2013 at 02:37. Reason: I don't need a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatello68 View Post
    So let's all make peace, make love, and dance to Mord Fustang, yeah?
    Soundcloud
    I promise I'll get to using that thing sometime
    Continental Breakfast: Ice Cream Department Manager

2. Like PedroAloha likes this post
  3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by driftninjabr-z View Post
    Okay first, you could at least spell my state's name right. Second, what's all this "I'm not him" and then saying "we"? Third, if you intended a few hundred people to wear these, what are you doing selling raw casts? I'd also like to mention that building something from scratch, building something from pepakura, and buying raw casts from Craigslist are all very different things. The problem with people who tell lies is they can't remember what they've said. I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm NOT saying I believe this is everything there is to it. If you made all of these, and you were just using Volpin's and Firewire's pictures until "yours were finished", then you wouldn't mind showing us pictures? If you're selling these, they're obviously finished. Try to maintain some consistency.
    I remember what i said i said i couldnt finish them as in all of them for the party then i said i bought them off a guy on craigslistt two entirely differently different actions one after another

Well these arent KIND words so i will no longer use this site Thanks for the words of advice.
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 15th Mar 2013 at 04:32. Reason: Merged double post - one post at a time or edit button, please

4. Rep:

No problem
    Soundcloud

5. Rep:

Well thank all of you this really helps with my psychology paper i have been working on. These facts of internet "bullying and how it changes people and their actions" are now available to claim as my own research i know I am getting an A+ for sure! Thank You all of you this is the best turn out I have ever gotten from the internet. Thank you! Thank you! I will be posting my paper online soon and it will be available for all of you to see. I also loved all of your natural responses i couldn't have done it any other way!

Ok now can anyone tell me how to delete my account on here since i have no more use for it.
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 15th Mar 2013 at 04:32. Reason: Merged double post - one post at a time or edit button, please

6. Rep:

Well thank all of you this really helps with my psychology paper i have been working on. These facts of internet "bullying and how it changes people and their actions" are now available to claim as my own research i know I am getting an A+ for sure! Thank You all of you this is the best turn out I have ever gotten from the internet. Thank you! Thank you! I will be posting my paper online soon and it will be available for all of you to see. I also loved all of your natural responses i couldn't have done it any other way!
    Lame attempt.

7. Rep:

Haha bullying? Dude, trying to defend stealing from others is wrong. Answering to that is not bullying.
    Soundcloud

8. Rep:

Hey, guys, you need to cool it with the back and forth bickering. If you have issues with one another, take it to PM. This thread is not the place for it.

9. Like mimbo757, churro, Sandisk1duo likes this post
  10. Rep:

Exactly, cut the witchhunt out. PMs work fine. Leave this thread to buying/selling. You don't like what he's offering, then feel free to ignore the guy. Shout out to Mas Power for a great helmet at a good price!
    Last edited by mimbo757; 15th Mar 2013 at 18:47.

11. Rep:

One last thing,

I was litterally laughing out loud reading the last 2 pages... Hahaha

12. Like Beastman, TK-9336 likes this post
  13. Rep:

God, that was retarded.

Listen. You want a good quality helmet? It's gonna cost you. Have zero skill but want something that is of a professional nature, and quality? It's going to cost you. This isn't a FOR PROFIT industry if your doing this on your time. Really, to make these things are a labor of love. After all the scratch work, and money put into it...it's really hard to see a return on the costs of materials...alone. Your time is gone forever. Unless you own your own shop and have a team of people...your not making big bucks. Your barely making enough to cover the cost of materials your put into it to begin with (as far as DP stuff goes).

This whole saving people money thing? I call a sincere amount of BS. Re-casting is bad. To the uninitiated, it is like finding a artwork (like a sketch, or drawing) done, and scanning/copying it to your computer, then selling prints (and making money that goes directly to you). REALLY easy to add your own signature on top of there.

Responses seen here make me happy I moved onto the RPF.com where the professionals post: people who are mature, and serious about this hobby share their creative genius. I am seeing a complete lack of that here. No wonder Agent Ray bans left.

I would recommend anyone who seriously is considering getting into this hobby, or wants to a buy a lid...go over the RPF.

/facepalm
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

14. Like Crank729, Ice Cream Kid likes this post
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast