1. Rep:

Re: Thomas FIREWIRE Helmet

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I bought my glove sets from him and the service (and communication) was excellent. Did it arrive broken OEG?
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

2. Rep:

Well guys... the helmet arrived in great shape. It took about a month to get here though. I haven't seen any others in person but the build quality is fantastic. It is practically ready for chrome as advertised. Just need to do some trimming, sand the seam and that is it. I paid FireWire extra to trim the ears for me and have them ready for lights. They are perfect!

Aside from the time it took to get here... I'm very happy. If you are looking for a great helmet and have time to wait, I would recommend it highly. If you need something relatively fast, you may want to arrange expedited shipping with FW.

3. Like TK-9336 likes this post
  4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyed Giant View Post
    Well guys... the helmet arrived in great shape. It took about a month to get here though. I haven't seen any others in person but the build quality is fantastic. It is practically ready for chrome as advertised. Just need to do some trimming, sand the seam and that is it. I paid FireWire extra to trim the ears for me and have them ready for lights. They are perfect!

Aside from the time it took to get here... I'm very happy. If you are looking for a great helmet and have time to wait, I would recommend it highly. If you need something relatively fast, you may want to arrange expedited shipping with FW.
    good to hear. the shipping time seems fair enough if its just standard, customs etc can slow things down!

you wait until its chromed, you'll certainly never regret going with a Firewire cast

what are your plans for lights? I would love to add some to mine in the future perhaps.

Manager of DAFT LIFE Facebook page/blog.

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Strobe View Post
    good to hear. the shipping time seems fair enough if its just standard, customs etc can slow things down!

you wait until its chromed, you'll certainly never regret going with a Firewire cast

what are your plans for lights? I would love to add some to mine in the future perhaps.
    For the lights I'm going to go with the multicolor Chasers in the ears. Should be easy enough and relatively inexpensive. For the visor, I'd love to go with the lights made by SanDiskDuo, but I will have to save up for a while for that. In the mean time, I'm experimenting with some blue LED Strips for a tron style array.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyed Giant View Post
    Just curious.... who here has ordered and is still waiting on the delivery of their Firewire helmet? I ordered mine on March 6 and still waiting.... I know of one more person who ordered in February who is still waiting as well. This is ridiculous. I should have bought a Volpin.
    6st of March to 1st of April isn't that ridiculous considering i state it can take ten days to post. Thats like 2 weeks to arrive.

7. Like Nik Strobe, DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS likes this post
  8. Rep:

Hey Nik just read a few pages back and saw your Thomas helmet.

Looks AMAZING man. Fire_Wire did a great cast. Very nice of him to send you another cast as well. Little things like that really shows the appreciation and pride he puts into his work.

Hope to see more of your helmet, Nik.

9. Like Nik Strobe likes this post
  10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS View Post
    Hey Nik just read a few pages back and saw your Thomas helmet.

Looks AMAZING man. Fire_Wire did a great cast. Very nice of him to send you another cast as well. Little things like that really shows the appreciation and pride he puts into his work.

Hope to see more of your helmet, Nik.
    yeah hes the man! really helps you with every little thing. and thank you for the kind words

will maybe get more pictures at some point!

Manager of DAFT LIFE Facebook page/blog.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011